Anyone else seeing long Royal Mail delays?

Man of Honour
I ordered some things from Amazon last night, on 5-working-day delivery... ******* have bumped the delivery to the end of MAY!!! :(
My currently delayed package was with Amazon. I suspect Amazon deliveries are being prioritised (they indicated that was the case a few weeks ago). So non essential goods are bing delivered behind essential stuff. Understandable really.

Soldato
I suspect Amazon deliveries are being prioritised (they indicated that was the case a few weeks ago). So non essential goods are bing delivered behind essential stuff. Understandable really.
They are... I just wish they'd marked it as such at the point of order, rather than telling me it'd be delivered within 5 days and then waiting 24hrs before deciding it'd be bumped.

But saying that... It seems my PC fans were of massively high priority for Amazon, though!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Seeing lots of self fulfilled Amazon sellers losing their next day availability benefits because the delivery scan rate for on time deliveries is dropping off. Most of our post still arrives on time but we have noticed a few delays and non-deliveries.

All Royal Mail depots are significantly reducing their hours, my local one is probably closing and the next closest is only going to be open 7am-9am from next week.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the responses

Things seem to be trickling through slowly now with a couple of deliveries this week, hospital cancellations and the like..no letter from Boris yet tho!

Soldato
ordered something on eBay on March 24th, not here yet (bristol). Ordered something else on the 27th and that arrived yesterday. So it's patchy for sure, understandably.

Man of Honour
I haven't seen my postman in about two weeks. I know he hasn't been down my road because there are no elastic bands casually discarded outside my door.

Man of Honour
Freshly roasted coffee order came through 24 hours after posting this morning, 1st class delivery.
Amazon order arrived after 2 days, bit slower than normal but I think it was Amazons own service not Royal Mail.
DPD delivery arrived perfectly on time.

If anything, it's a bit better than normal for me at the moment... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom