What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Tasty!

Corksport do offer a complete new shifter that can be set to be 0.6 inches higher than OEM that couples with up to 35% shorter shift than standard. Which if I am honest would be ideal. But that is about £200 + more involved fitting. The extension was £20 :D.

But the short shift bushes and plate are £110 so in the long run when you consider man maths and CoronaVirus isolation quarantine maths. I may as well just buy the shifter and go full baller.
Looking at the instructions for Corksport short shifter, it doesn't look that bad tbf.
I've got the Damond short shift plate and cobb shifter weight now on mine and it does feel a lot better, recently bought myself the cobb gear knob that you have aswell but haven't given it a go yet as the car is currently dead with no boost solenoid and we can't exactly do "unnecessary" drive.
Hopefully Royal mail delivers my boost solenoid today or even this week lol.

Associate
Looking at the instructions for Corksport short shifter, it doesn't look that bad tbf.
I've got the Damond short shift plate and cobb shifter weight now on mine and it does feel a lot better, recently bought myself the cobb gear knob that you have aswell but haven't given it a go yet as the car is currently dead with no boost solenoid and we can't exactly do "unnecessary" drive.
Hopefully Royal mail delivers my boost solenoid today or even this week lol.

Must admit I do like the look of the shifter without having to mess around with the gear linkage cables as people are always worrying about shortening the lift of them. However much of that is true I am not really sure.

Fingers crossed it gets delivered. Think Tegiwa dispatched and got to me within about 4 days, which is pretty good all things considered.

Caporegime
Tasty!

Corksport do offer a complete new shifter that can be set to be 0.6 inches higher than OEM that couples with up to 35% shorter shift than standard. Which if I am honest would be ideal. But that is about £200 + more involved fitting. The extension was £20 :D.

But the short shift bushes and plate are £110 so in the long run when you consider man maths and CoronaVirus isolation quarantine maths. I may as well just buy the shifter and go full baller.

That's what happens when you buy off the shelf parts. Had my cradles pivot point chopped off and a bit of metal welded in between to extend the pivot below the ball and had some bushes made up so the now extended pivot clears the floor pan. £20-30 in parts.

Soldato
I found a severed ground wire coming out of the MAF sensor. I guess that was causing the intermittent hiccup at low revs. Surprisingly it doesn't throw up any error codes :/

Soldato
I'm planning to do some exhaust work on my car soon and have an old style set of metal ramps that I want to use (if they aren't too steep for my car). One tip I've heard is to get some long strips of something like carpet offcuts, and loop them around the bottom "rung" of the ramps. The wheels themselves on this will then hold the ramp in place.

Similar principle here;

Not so much to my car, but for my car....had a crack a little project tonight that should make doing the exhaust this weekend a bit easier.

I've had a set of old style steel ramps for a few years, that were salvaged from the garage of a late uncle after he passed away. I've kept hold of them ever since, but only used them twice - once for a friend's car, and once for my girlfriend's. There's been a few times I could have used them to work on my car, but I think they are a tad too steep for the lower overhangs, and as @paradigm says, it can be a faff trying to secure them while driving up them. So I've always resorted to jacking/axle stands.

However, to do the exhaust, I'd like to get the car up in all four corners, so ramps would be more ideal and secure than axle stands. So tonight, I dragged out the circular saw and some spare pieces of planed wood that I knew I'd left lying around in the garage and knocked up these home-made ramp extensions that should hopefully kill two birds.

h1zB21o.jpg.png

yBbc1jT.jpg.png

I've made them so they hook snugly over the bottom rung of the ramps. That way, the weight of the car should be on top of the ramp before attempting to climb it, stopping it from sliding away.

EqrG8Qv.jpg.png

Offered up to the back of the car, they should also lift the wheel early enough to ensure the rear bumper doesn't ground on the ramps.

ewVMgl1.jpg.png

Quite pleased. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how effective they are. If they don't work, it's no huge loss - I had the materials and it only took me an hour or so, and in the worst case, I can probably just jack the car up and slide the ramps under the wheels to secure it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It does seem a strange way to try and sell a ramp alternative.

They do look quite useful though, would be a quick and secure way to get a decent bit of height for general drivetrain access

Man of Honour
It's literally their tagline...

Apologies, didn't notice that.

I wouldn't call them replacement for axle stands personally.

It does seem a strange say to try and sell a ramp alternative.

They do look quite useful though, would be a quick and secure way to get a decent bit of height for general drivetrain access

This ^

Back
Top Bottom