Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
@wiiija

What an awesome looking cat!

Really sorry for your loss, eleven years doesn't seem a lot. :(

My old cat Bandit lived to just two months shy of twenty, still miss the little beggar.

Thanks Kelt, yeh its not long and it seemed so fast that he went from fine to very sick, he had severe diabetes, injections woud have had a 90% chance of not helping and its impossible to get a urine sample with an outside cat so we tried some pills which unfortunately didn't help, he lost a lot of fur and became incredibly unsteady on his feet, stopped cleaning himself and just generally went more and more downhill so the very difficult decision was made, he's massivley missed.

Very very good age for Bandit, we've had a few that have lasted to about 18, I actually had no idea that Kenjis breed only lived to that age until he got sick, his short life was filled with love though and I'm so glad we got him.

Soldato
I noticed one of my cats had a swollen leg on Wed. Swelling had gone down mostly yesterday. Came home today, isn't swollen anymore but she is limping on it and not wanting to put weight on it. Hoping she hasn't done anything serious to it as its terrible timing. Will keep an eye on her and then maybe call the vet on Monday. I do have some pain relief (loxicom) left over from another cat so that might be a temp option :/

Soldato
OP
I noticed one of my cats had a swollen leg on Wed. Swelling had gone down mostly yesterday. Came home today, isn't swollen anymore but she is limping on it and not wanting to put weight on it. Hoping she hasn't done anything serious to it as its terrible timing. Will keep an eye on her and then maybe call the vet on Monday. I do have some pain relief (loxicom) left over from another cat so that might be a temp option :/
Sounds like she's been bitten and it has got infected. Best get her to the vets for antibiotics.

Soldato
Fernley has got an eye infection and / or cat flu. Not quite as active, not quite as hungry, sneezing a bit and eye discharge had us worried. One video vet appointment later I was getting Eye Gel from the vets (£42 for a tiny tube!). Trying to get eye gel into his eyes is one of the least favourite things I've done in a while. Poor Fernley.

omrOSUjh.jpg

aXMGmlrh.jpg
"U wot m8!"

on the plus side I converted his Box into an Adventure Box which he seems... indifferent about. Very comical see him dive into the box via the hole in the top and getting him bum stuck in a Homer Simpson kind of way!
3i0NO3Hh.jpg

TeDVWRa.jpg

Soldato
QbYOuZ2.jpg

This is my Mum's cat Smudge. She's 20 and the fluffiest and most friendly cat you could imagine. Her main hobbies are sleeping, being fussed and purring like an engine and she'll happily sit next to you and watch TV / PC or whatever you're browsing on mobile.

Soldato

Yep I'd say good chance your cat has been bitten and its infected. Have a gentle feel around the area and see if you can feel any swelling. I'd get to the vets personally. Mine had a similar thing and was under the weather, then the wound burst and bloody pus everywhere, cat seemed happier but I obviously took him to the vet, they cleaned the wound and gave him a antibiotic shot and tablets. A tip for anyone who struggles with getting cat to take tablets, crushed up in tuna and they chow it straight down.

Man of Honour
Poor Angel seems to have got into a fight outside last night. She disappeared for hours. Then when she came in she was limping and dripping blood from somewhere although I couldn't find where. This morning she is still limping, avoids jumping is is a very, very, very unhappy cat (tail straight down). So she's at the vets for them to check her over :(

She didn't want to get into her box for the vets! That was quite a struggle.

XwiZHVS.jpg

Man of Honour
Here's hoping Angel is back to her normal self very soon.

There has to be a easier way to get cat's into these carry cases. My Jade and Abby goes into theirs withour too much trouble but Garfield is a different story altogether. I usually end up removing the top section but leaving the door in the base, put him in the base and while gently holding him with one hand put the top on before he can escape again. I have tried treats but that didn't work. Something that involves me keeping the skin on my hands would be good.

Back
Top Bottom