Looking to replace my 6 month old Hero

Associate
Hello!

I purchased a noble chairs hero from OCUK 6 months ago and it’s just giving me constant issues hip, neck and back problems.

I work for the emergency services and try to stay in good shape, I stopped using the chair for a month and my problems started to go away but I’m using it again and after around 40 minutes I’m in agony.

Can anyone recommend something that would be better in their opinion? I’ve used cheap chairs before and had no issues. The only reason I jumped for the hero I was looking for a big upgrade on what I had.

thank you

OcUK Staff
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your chair. With noblechairs being BIFMA and EN DIN 1335 certified for ergonomics, I find it strange that it's not comfortable for you, especially as the cheap chairs tend to have zero ergonomics at all. - The HERO is a big chair and designed mainly for larger people, for me, for example I get on more with the EPIC/ICON because I'm 6'2" and quite slim, could this be the same for you too maybe?

Associate
Not sitting "right" could be a cause. But also take into account high end office chairs are expensive for a reason. And if the gaming chairs were *that* good you'd have office workers using them due to costing less than proper office chairs.

Steelcase Leap V2 user here. Chair for life and really happy with it, cost £290 refurbed and posted to my door.

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your chair. With noblechairs being BIFMA and EN DIN 1335 certified for ergonomics, I find it strange that it's not comfortable for you, especially as the cheap chairs tend to have zero ergonomics at all. - The HERO is a big chair and designed mainly for larger people, for me, for example I get on more with the EPIC/ICON because I'm 6'2" and quite slim, could this be the same for you too maybe?

I was thinking this! Im 6.4 and pretty slim to be fair

I feel like im just unlucky with this chair... everyone is different....

I can say im in agony after a very short use of it : /

Im actually considering just throwing it out to be honest

I work for the fire service so i have to be in good shape and using the chair is a right bugger!

I feel like the v2 might be the way forward!

OcUK Staff
I was thinking this! Im 6.4 and pretty slim to be fair

I feel like im just unlucky with this chair... everyone is different....

I can say im in agony after a very short use of it : /

Im actually considering just throwing it out to be honest

I work for the fire service so i have to be in good shape and using the chair is a right bugger!

I feel like the v2 might be the way forward!

I'm sure there will be people willing to buy it second hand off you, maybe not the right time right now due to Covid-19 but worth getting some of your money back. :)

Associate
I'm 6' 3" and very athletic btw. A headrest would be nice for my Leap, but generally don't care enough to gamble a new chair.

Just browse the threads here and see if you can find any negatives about Steelcase or Hermann Miller chairs :)

Soldato
Now that you've learned that expensive doesn't always equal best, perhaps sell it and buy a cheap office chair? They're designed to be used for a full working day, 5 days a week.

Soldato
Get a chair that's designed to be comfortable, not to pretend your desk is a race car.

Steelcase Please V2 owner here. The two piece articulated backrest supports your lower back properly whether you're sat bolt upright, or reclining.

I've used a lot of expensive office chairs over the years, and this one gets my vote, you can get em for 199 refurbished.

Man of Honour
Not sitting "right" could be a cause. But also take into account high end office chairs are expensive for a reason. And if the gaming chairs were *that* good you'd have office workers using them due to costing less than proper office chairs.

Steelcase Leap V2 user here. Chair for life and really happy with it, cost £290 refurbed and posted to my door.
Same here (but with a used Humanscale Freedom). I find it far better for long sessions than a gaming chair.

Soldato
sell it to fund a new chair
or even give it away to some one who cant afford one
i know we live in a throw away society
but throwing that out would be almost sinful

ps. if its better for bigger guys
i am 192cm and 110kg
throw it in this direction :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom