Ozark - Netflix

Associate
Only halfway through at the minute, trying to resist knocking it all out, but I do have a lot to watch tbh, westworld, better call Saul, tiger king and two films I've been waiting to watch too, plus Fargo starts again soon

Soldato
Well that was brilliant.

Can someone explain a part I was confused about early into series 3

Helen was in Mexico I presume getting interrogated by the cartel, next minute she is back home as if nothing had happened, just had me confused at why this happened? It was around episode 2 or 3 I think.

Soldato
Just finished the 3rd series. One of the best shows out there.

I liked Helen, shame she had to go. I’d hazard a guess, having no experience of what they get up to and who with, but I feel they’d have been killed ages ago for lots of their actions.

Caporegime
Seeing as I just finished the kingdom season 2, time to get around to watching this.

Jason Bateman really is underrated as an actor. He’s been terrific in both previous seasons so really looking forward to season 3.

Soldato
Love Ozarks.

But not massively impressed with this series.

No clever solutions to tricky dilemmas. Fairly predictable plot from start to finish. Main characters mainly just getting carried along for the ride. Not much warmth between characters (- not that it's essential or even featured much before, but it seems to be falling into a rut of aping Breaking Bad on this front, which would be a shame).

All felt a bit formulaic and lacklustre.

Associate
Yet another vote for S3 being the best so far. The stress and tension just oozes off the screen. I'll admit I didn't see the ending coming, thought it would play out differently.

Looking forward to S4!

Soldato
Finished it last night, definitely getting even better!

I like how it's not really glamorising what they're doing, but just shows how they're getting deeper and deeper into bed with some one who is bat **** crazy and the whole situations is tearing their family apart

Soldato
Finished it last night and this has been my favourite season so far, the pacing worked well didn't feel like they had any slow episodes, The guy from Banshee / Iron Fist played the brother so well. I do think they could tone Ruth down slightly felt over the top for the sake of it and I wasn't expecting it to end how it did, Roll on s4.

Caporegime
Really enjoyed this. Definitely the best show on TV right now.

It's one of the few shows where I find myself not rooting for the main characters whatsoever. Wendy is a horrible **** and Marty is a soft idiot who let her spiral out of control. I hope Ruth comes out on top.

Caporegime
Yet another vote for S3 being the best so far. The stress and tension just oozes off the screen. I'll admit I didn't see the ending coming, thought it would play out differently.

Looking forward to S4!
Just finished this last night and agreed, I saw that ending a mile off with the way things were going. And I’m kinda glad it finished like that, couldn’t stand that character.

Season 4 I imagine will be pretty interesting as Ruth seems to be in bed with Wyatt and that bat **** crazy Darlene. I’m hoping next season sees Darlene and her toy boy along with Ruth being taken out.

I mean geezus 2 mths with a lunatic brother and she thinks she knows him better?? I don’t blame Wendy for doing what she had to do, there was absolutely no salvation for her brother. He messed up too many times and Ruth the silly little girl didn’t take any heed of Wendy’s warning to not get involved with him. It was heartbreaking seeing him and her break down when she was trying to save him :(. Genuinely felt saddened but Wendy didn’t have a choice in the end.

Associate
Just finished this last night and agreed, I saw that ending a mile off with the way things were going. And I’m kinda glad it finished like that, couldn’t stand that character.

Season 4 I imagine will be pretty interesting as Ruth seems to be in bed with Wyatt and that bat **** crazy Darlene. I’m hoping next season sees Darlene and her toy boy along with Ruth being taken out.

I mean geezus 2 mths with a lunatic brother and she thinks she knows him better?? I don’t blame Wendy for doing what she had to do, there was absolutely no salvation for her brother. He messed up too many times and Ruth the silly little girl didn’t take any heed of Wendy’s warning to not get involved with him. It was heartbreaking seeing him and her break down when she was trying to save him :(. Genuinely felt saddened but Wendy didn’t have a choice in the end.

Jesus man you’re really siding with Wendy on that?

I like this show overall, I find it a bit unbelievable at times but I guess shows would be boring if they stuck to the rules :p

Back
Top Bottom