• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil problems.

Associate
I believe I have an issue with this GPU after testing it in two computer with the same issue. When playing any sort of games I will get a full green screen and a reboot after 5-10 seconds. This is at completely random time within the game, could be at the start menu or 30 minutes of play time.
I swapped the GPU out for a Gigabyte 2070 from another PC and once installed everything played fine, had 13 hours play time yesterday with no issue what so ever.
The PC which the 2070 was removed from has had the same issues with the green screen while gaming but also when just browsing the internet. Drivers were installed one at a time up to the latest dated version and all had the same problems in the end.

The card is less than 2 weeks old so do you think it would be an option to return and replace?

Soldato
I believe I have an issue with this GPU after testing it in two computer with the same issue. When playing any sort of games I will get a full green screen and a reboot after 5-10 seconds. This is at completely random time within the game, could be at the start menu or 30 minutes of play time.
I swapped the GPU out for a Gigabyte 2070 from another PC and once installed everything played fine, had 13 hours play time yesterday with no issue what so ever.
The PC which the 2070 was removed from has had the same issues with the green screen while gaming but also when just browsing the internet. Drivers were installed one at a time up to the latest dated version and all had the same problems in the end.

The card is less than 2 weeks old so do you think it would be an option to return and replace?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £428.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

swap it. 4 yr UK RMA with Aorus after registering the card. UK rep via @GIGA-Man

Different cooler and chokes-power delivery

BUT try older Driver version to rule that out!

Associate
OP
Why wouldn't you suggest just a replacement card? Without searching the forum, is this a known issue with the Powercolor card itself and would more likely happen again on a replacement?

Caporegime

Yes. I would say if the 2070 works fine in both pc's and the 5700 crashes both PC's and you made sure all drivers were uninstalled and installed properly, it is highly likely the 5700 is borked.

Soldato
It's £30 more expensive, warranty aside how is it "much better"? The Gigabyte's have both shot up in price.

He could also have the Sapphire Nitro+ SE for a tenner less than the Aorus.

Supply and demand . Selling more, low EU and US stocks and they produce a LOT . Reviews been going well for the cards , which increases demand .
OCUK also quick to sell all stock and buy more, but buying more comes at weaker Pound. Haven't seen nitros sell out two batches in last 6 weeks. Either due to a lot of sale prices on gigabyte cards or they were bought in higher batch numbers .

Soldato
Supply and demand . Selling more, low EU and US stocks and they produce a LOT . Reviews been going well for the cards , which increases demand .
OCUK also quick to sell all stock and buy more, but buying more comes at weaker Pound. Haven't seen nitros sell out two batches in last 6 weeks. Either due to a lot of sale prices on gigabyte cards or they were bought in higher batch numbers .

The Giga's were very well priced, I think that tells the tale, now they're not. They were def best buys in class then, now not so much. I'd buy the Nitro today, the Aorus when they were cheap. That said I'm sticking with my Red Dragon Vega until the dust settles, plenty of grunt for the 1440p Aorus.

Soldato
By how much?

For AIB that sticks to reference PCB sizing with triple 82mm fans Vs others 90/100mm it equals or beats for core temp, in the low to middle for ram and vrm.

All using 7+2 phase rather then others 8/10+2 .
Main selling point will be the RMA and 4 year warranty.
When Navi first launched only gigabyte did 3 years, was changed from vendors to match within a month . Then Aorus brought in 4 years. AMD cards age well, so longer warranty works better the. For Nvidia cards which normally get swapped quicker

Soldato
Real world, the selling point is the warranty/RMA - i'll buy that. The temps are negligible. I don't think its worth the premium over the PC and Nitro+ SE. But each to their own.

Soldato
The memory and VRMs run slightly warmer than the Red Dragon, but the core runs 6c cooler as per Hardware Unboxed's review. I know what I'd rather have.

Red Dragon or Red Devil?

6c? what difference is that going to make on cards that already run very cool anyway? We're talking the best 3 5700XT's as it is?

It's not worth £30. The Warranty might be worth it, if you plan on keeping it more than a couple of years.

Soldato
I'm not buying any of them, looked to me like the temps were swapped equally, not 6c on core and next to nothing on VRAM. The review on HU said it the Aorus was one of the best, not definitivelt the best. So it's whether the waaranty etc is worth the premium to you, when the Aorus was cheaper than the PC or Nitro SE, fait enough, no brainer.

Soldato
Red Dragon or Red Devil?

6c? what difference is that going to make on cards that already run very cool anyway? We're talking the best 3 5700XT's as it is?

It's not worth £30. The Warranty might be worth it, if you plan on keeping it more than a couple of years.

Navi chips run hot, for 7nm Vs Nvidia Turing 16nm ( marketing at 12nm ) . Temps weren't anything near what they could have been nor power draw, BUT things will change next Gen :D specially all that power in the Xbox series :D

But all about warranty and customer care . ASRock really coming on with their GPU/ market share

As for pricing, sapphire cards should be cheaper. Price they pay compared to other AIB that make Nvidia cards as well for their chips

But again, OP should have tried older version of Driver first . Latest two not great

Soldato
Navi chips run hot, for 7nm Vs Nvidia Turing 16nm ( marketing at 12nm ) . Temps weren't anything near what they could have been nor power draw, BUT things will change next Gen :D specially all that power in the Xbox series :D

But all about warranty and customer care . ASRock really coming on with their GPU/ market share

As for pricing, sapphire cards should be cheaper. Price they pay compared to other AIB that make Nvidia cards as well for their chips

But again, OP should have tried older version of Driver first . Latest two not great

Well mine tops at 70 and fine with that, i've had cards with the fan running full pelt in the 90s (8800GTS), we've come a long way. I'm definitely holding out for next gen, I want double the performance 5700XT doesn't offer that.

Currently I'd buy PC, Sapphire or Gigabyte AMD cards and that's it.

I'm on 20.2.2 which has been fine and the old AMD software, didn't like the new suite at all. I'm sticking with what I have until I'm forced to change. Tbh, it's easier just to adjust settings in-game than to mess around with the the layout didn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom