Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Without any real knowledge of the remake I can understand lots of people see it this way. It's equivalent to a full PS4 game (comes in 2 discs). The digital download itself is about 100 gb with 30-40 normal game hours.

Much much longer, I was surprised (seen for myself, it's far bigger without getting into spoilers)

Game ends when you leave Midgar but see above comments :)

There's side missions and what not, but the main story is the same, Square have fleshed out a lot more from the original and expanded on it (again without spoiling I can't go into detail). But I will say what often seems like made up stuff much of it is just fleshed out content from the original.

The scene on the well talking with Tifa I'm almost certain on the original that happens on the little town post Midgar (Nibbenhiem?) When it gives you the huge history dump.

Soldato
The scene on the well talking with Tifa I'm almost certain on the original that happens on the little town post Midgar (Nibbenhiem?) When it gives you the huge history dump.

Yep, you're right.

That scene in the original was huge, the stuff you're seeing in the trailer isn't the same big info dump, felt more like additional character development early on.

Soldato
PS4 pro arrived at 12.30pm by DPD. I thought royal mail may let me down, but copy arrived at 5pm which is awesome as ordered from shopto at 2.20pm yesterday :D

Just waiting for it to copy onto the PS4 now, then will be sat in my pants the entire weekend!!

£400 to play a game best be worth it :cool:

Soldato
HOLD UP, what??? You guys are already getting it? It's still not going to be shipped until April 10th here in the states?

Going to check PS store now

I guess you didn't get the news certain countries such as Australia and the UK are getting physical copies early due to shipping delays with the current world issue.

The official release date is still April 10th.

Soldato
So those with a physical copy are able to play early? Of that's the case not sure why they don't just pull the release forward for everyone.

https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-psn-release-early-playstation/

Response from SE

"While we understand the frustration of seeing the game for sale in some locations, the bulk of our shipments to retailers around the globe are still scheduled to arrive in stores for our April 10 street date. Also, changing the digital release date at this point-in-time could lead to logistical issues that could disrupt the digital launch for everyone. Therefore, we will be adhering to an April 10 digital release date. Thank you for your understanding."

We can preload it now on PSN, its about 80GB

Soldato

Response from SE

"While we understand the frustration of seeing the game for sale in some locations, the bulk of our shipments to retailers around the globe are still scheduled to arrive in stores for our April 10 street date. Also, changing the digital release date at this point-in-time could lead to logistical issues that could disrupt the digital launch for everyone. Therefore, we will be adhering to an April 10 digital release date. Thank you for your understanding."

I've ordered the special edition on Amazon here, hopefully it still turns up on the 10th. We're in lockdown for at least another month.

Soldato

Response from SE

Course they could change the date, garbage answer.

Soldato
My god I took a random look at #FF7R because I heard people had the game early and I wanted to see how many in the UK, but it's just nothing but a flood of spoilers. Screenshots and gifs everywhere and brazenly talking about moments of the game without a care despite knowing they got the game early.

Some have even been streaming it despite SE's requests. People just have zero self-control, they can't help themselves.

To anyone looking forward to the game, stay away from twitter and don't look at the latest official trailer (I turned it off at the beginning.) Waiting for the 10th is going to be so difficult now with this going on.

Soldato
Yeah, I do feel for the people having to wait now loads have it. It's the reason why I immediately bought from shopto when I heard they were shipping already.

In terms of thoughts. I'm 6 hours in and enjoying every moment of it. The graphics in hdr are absolutely fantastic and I really like how the game flows and only has the odd loading screen when a new chapter starts. Music is fantastic as always and the few extras and surprises along the way have been most welcoming. As I've said before, don't go in expecting a carbon copy, just imagine it as a new game and I am sure you will love it as well.

Soldato
Yeah, I do feel for the people having to wait now loads have it. It's the reason why I immediately bought from shopto when I heard they were shipping already.

In terms of thoughts. I'm 6 hours in and enjoying every moment of it. The graphics in hdr are absolutely fantastic and I really like how the game flows and only has the odd loading screen when a new chapter starts. Music is fantastic as always and the few extras and surprises along the way have been most welcoming. As I've said before, don't go in expecting a carbon copy, just imagine it as a new game and I am sure you will love it as well.

Please tell me you can increase the FOV, the camera was WAY too close to the main character in the demo.

Back
Top Bottom