Memtest86 results

Associate
Hi im a bit of a noob translating these results im not sure if its a memory problem or cpu?? the cpu is brand new and and the Ram has been used in a couple of builds over the past couple of years any help would be appreciated Thanks

file:///I:/EFI/BOOT/MemTest86-Report-20200403-133019.html

Soldato
Hi im a bit of a noob translating these results im not sure if its a memory problem or cpu?? the cpu is brand new and and the Ram has been used in a couple of builds over the past couple of years any help would be appreciated Thanks

file:///I:/EFI/BOOT/MemTest86-Report-20200403-133019.html

How are we connecting to this location? ;)

Permabanned
Simple really Result - FAIL

So you have a fail, what you now do is test each stick(1 at a time) you have in ever ram some you have.
this will tell you if you have bad slot of controller - or a bad stick.

All testing should be dont at SPD speeds, never overclocked or with XMP(thats just an overclock) XMP is not guaranteed to run on ever system.
Remover you CPU overclock and GPU, you need to test your ram on a total stock system.

Associate
OP
Simple really Result - FAIL

So you have a fail, what you now do is test each stick(1 at a time) you have in ever ram some you have.
this will tell you if you have bad slot of controller - or a bad stick.

All testing should be dont at SPD speeds, never overclocked or with XMP(thats just an overclock) XMP is not guaranteed to run on ever system.
Remover you CPU overclock and GPU, you need to test your ram on a total stock system.

Thanks the Ram seems fine now the xmp was removed,the trouble was the board down clocked the Ram below stock mhz and I up it through the xmp and it went south, unfortunately this was a system that I chucked together from odds and sods as a stop gap till the Ryzen 4000 series comes out Thanks for the reply

Permabanned
Thanks the Ram seems fine now the xmp was removed,the trouble was the board down clocked the Ram below stock mhz and I up it through the xmp and it went south, unfortunately this was a system that I chucked together from odds and sods as a stop gap till the Ryzen 4000 series comes out Thanks for the reply

you could speeds £20,000 on a system and still get XMP problems.

whats the spec of the system? is it gen 1 ryzen?

Associate
OP
you could speeds £20,000 on a system and still get XMP problems.

whats the spec of the system? is it gen 1 ryzen?
The system is running flawlessly now
It's a Ryzen 1600 AF basically it's a down clocked 2600
16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz this Ram down clocked to 2133mhz on the X370 board I'm using on the latest bios so I OCed the ram in bios to 2800mhz considering I've OCed this Ram on a B350m board to 3000mhz I thought all would be good...
Totally wasn't lol bsod and other crashes
So I wont be doing that again.

Associate
could be some random ram timing issue, but yeah if memtest spits out error, then its a settings issue or dud stick, and u shouldnt run stuff till it fixed

Back
Top Bottom