Lost my mum

Soldato
There's not much I can say that other's haven't already dude - concentrate on getting yourself back to ship shape first, and then you can pay your respects, start to get things sorted and allow the grieving process to unfold.

My condolences . . . . . .

Soldato
If there's any silver lining to this, it's that your mother didn't have a long, miserable decline, as so often happens to our old folk. And she was treated at a time when there's still spare capacity in the system, so you can be sure she was comfortable when she lost her battle. So sad not to be able to be with her, but my recent hospital experience with my own mother showed me that although staff can be very busy, there are always a few really wonderful folk on every shift who take their patients to their heart and treat everyone as if they were family members. So your Mum died among the extended family which is our NHS.

92, as you say, is a very good innings; same cohort as the Queen. She lived through so many changes, so much world drama, so much evolution of society and life. But her watch over human history is over now. She's at peace, and everything she ever taught and shared with you lives on in you. She's safe from life's troubles, but you are not, and the very last thing she'd want is for you to waste one moment wondering if she caught it from you. Life is wonderful, random, and often rather cruel. So be kind to yourself, and try to remember the last time you heard her laugh.

Oh, and firebomb that car, it clearly has it in for you!

Soldato
OP
Thank you so much everyone for your lovely well wishes and condolences. This community never ceases to impress me, particularly at times like now. Members here historically have always genuinely and warmly shown their care of other's loss, and now mine. I really appreciate you all.

Associate
Sorry for your loss. Please don't take any responsibility for it. Life is so unpredictable and we often can't control circumstances.

Soldato
I lost my dad just after fathers day, the only thing you can hope is they realised you will always miss them and I think your mom knew. You did your best, at 92 it really will be a throw of the dice who can survive this. Hope you get back to good health fully and are given a chance to remember your mom and process this all properly.

Permabanned
Sorry for your loss. :(

I am in contact with my mum every day (same old and many issues), I need to give her meds etc and I also go out to local store but its a risk for her not me but nothing else I can do.

I am O Neg so not sure if I had it would I give it to her or not as I probably will no know I have it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I don't think there is anything anybody can say to make you feel better right now but we all want you to be ok and hope you get through this ok. :(

Back
Top Bottom