reboot and select proper boot services error?

Associate
After building my new computer today connected it to the monitor ran through the bios thought i had done what was needed to tried to boot from flash drive but pretty sure i have clicked the wrong thing....

now stuck on reboot and select proper boot services menu cant get out of it by any of the commands
i have a mini keyboard so dont have the delete button but tried all the F commands,but nothing seems to let me back to the bios do any of you guys or girls no another way to get me back to the bios?

sidenote i downloaded windows 10 to my flash drive on my mac am i right in saying that shouldnt matter or am i being an idiot

thanks in advance

Soldato
Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a minute.

Your CMOS battery will look like a large watch battery on the motherboard, remove it while powered down and wait a minute then replace it and power up.
This should reset the BIOS to default.

And the Windows download should be fine.

CMOS-battery1.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thnaks for the suggestion but no luck, the system 100 percent thought about doing something as it taken about double the start time but then back right into the same screen.
the motherboard is Asrock X570 Extreme4 not sure if that helps anyone

Soldato
List your complete spec.

Borrow a standard keyboard and also check that your F Lock is enabled on your present keyboard when selecting F1 (Setup - if offered after CMOS reset?).

Associate
OP
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core 4.4GHz
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB)
Asrock X570 Extreme4 (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570
Kolink Enclave 600W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
Seagate 1TB BarraCuda 7200rpm 64MB Cache Internal Hard Drive

going to head out now and get a standard keyboard

Soldato
As above - or the Windows Tool (Windows install creator) is foolproof if you have access to a laptop.

Then, once in UEFI - select UEFI USB as first bootable device and press F10 (with Win10 USB in place) - once you've applied your other preferred settings (although you may not want to set the XMP until after install if you're having issues.)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core 4.4GHz
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB)
Asrock X570 Extreme4 (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570
Kolink Enclave 600W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
Seagate 1TB BarraCuda 7200rpm 64MB Cache Internal Hard Drive

going to head out now and get a standard keyboard

Have you got two independent leads going into the RX 5700? (i.e. not daisy chained from the same cable).

Associate
OP
thanks guys got it all the way to the windows ten screen now having problems installing windows, getting the error we couldnt create a new partition error on windows 10.
tried all the fixes i could find online but then get an error in the command prompt does anyone know if this is because im using an old hard drive and not ssd?

Soldato
is because im using an old hard drive and not ssd?
If possible try formatting the drive in a separate machine in Legacy/CSM. If not possible change your present BIOS setting from pure UEFI to UEFI + CSM/Legacy or pure CSM/Legacy and see if you can delete/create partitions.

If that works change back to UEFI and see if you can kickstart the install process - if not stick to CSM/Legacy if it worked.

*Why do you not have an SSD?

Associate
thanks guys got it all the way to the windows ten screen now having problems installing windows, getting the error we couldnt create a new partition error on windows 10.
tried all the fixes i could find online but then get an error in the command prompt does anyone know if this is because im using an old hard drive and not ssd?

You will need to delete all the existing partitions, so the drive is just showing unallocated space, that should work then

Soldato
No doesn't matter if its hdd or ssd
Are you deleting all the partitions at the point where you choose the hard drive?
Delete them all /not format
Once deleted you should have a single unallocated space
Then it should format
Edit typed same time lol

Soldato
...and see if you can delete/create partitions.
You will need to delete all the existing partitions, so the drive is just showing unallocated space, that should work then
Are you deleting all the partitions at the point where you choose the hard drive?l
Yes, as above, i assumed you were in my post so only touched briefly upon it. If you're not doing this then this should be the issue as has been definitively pointed out and an easy fix.

However, if you are deleting/creating partitions and still hitting a quirky brick wall then try the pre-amble in post #9.

Back
Top Bottom