Anyone else really missing driving right now? (Rant/moan)

Soldato
Not really, no.

Although I have been playing GT5 more than I ever have before so perhaps I am subconsciously?

Soldato
I live on a busy main road (a little back from it with garden not too bad for people walking past windows etc) but the traffic (talking personal cars not vans) has easily increased 2-3x the past 2 days it was dead before that esp. later on about 8pm onwards..
The 'just nipping out' is creeping back in. My neighbour who last week was "******* myself about all this because I've got asthma" went out in his car twice today, neither time to do the weekly shop and he isn't working at the moment either. Generally there is just more coming and going, throw in some nice weather this weekend and I bet a fair chunk of the population are going to think "ah, stuff it, I'm going out anyway".

Soldato
Having a job deemed to be essential I'm still driving to work and there does seem to be a little bit more traffic than I'd expect, especially given it's not what would be rush-hour when I finish - and some real idiots taking advantage of the empty roads. I don't miss the queue for the Blackwall tunnel in the morning but I do miss normality.

Associate
OP
Having a job deemed to be essential I'm still driving to work and there does seem to be a little bit more traffic than I'd expect, especially given it's not what would be rush-hour when I finish - and some real idiots taking advantage of the empty roads. I don't miss the queue for the Blackwall tunnel in the morning but I do miss normality.

Young guys in their dads BMWs/Mercs treating the roads like their own private race tracks? I was on the north circ heading towards Redbridge in the middle lane just prior to the Ilford turnoff and had one pass me each side at a ton plus easily. Saw a police car or two shortly after, hope they got caught.

Seems as if social distancing was a good excuse for some guys to have a bit too much fun on the roads of East London

Associate
I'm currently still having to go to work and find the lack of traffic makes driving much more enjoyable. I have noticed the roads getting a little busier with each passing day though.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I use the car to go to the shops and sometimes to work to print stuff.
Honestly, I just miss being able going out and doing stuff like normal people. Much less so the driving.

Perhaps if I had a Caterham it'd be a different story :p

Soldato
Yes very much. Feels like it hasn’t stopped raining since I bought it in December, now we have this glorious weather, empty roads and cheap fuel! Gagging to hoon down to Cheddar Gorge, but ugh I’m being sensible.

Caporegime
Young guys in their dads BMWs/Mercs treating the roads like their own private race tracks? I was on the north circ heading towards Redbridge in the middle lane just prior to the Ilford turnoff and had one pass me each side at a ton plus easily. Saw a police car or two shortly after, hope they got caught.

Seems as if social distancing was a good excuse for some guys to have a bit too much fun on the roads of East London
Ahh my local area, live in Redbridge myself and the amount of absolute retards driving their beemers and Audi’s at stupidly high speeds is quite frankly the norm around here.
Still racing up and down my road late at night although not as not much as they did pre lockdown. But still a fatal accident waiting to happen :/.

Soldato
All our neighbours doing their driveways and cars this afternoon. Glad I did mine last week and the wife's during the week. I did pop to Tesco today and took a slightly longer route to ensure the engine was nicely warmed up. Hadn't been used for the best part of 10 days apart from moving it to be washed.

Soldato
I've not driven since I sold my car 2 weeks ago and the replacement's been delayed due to corona. Definitely missing driving.

I find it very therapeutic, especially when returning home on the motorway at night.

Caporegime

It's like this all the time anyway.

Not missing driving really, living in London sucks the fun out of driving.

Soldato
Not missing driving while the twice daily
School runs on that's for sure
Are today's kids so pampered they cant
Walk, cycle or get the bus to school
I used to walk 2 miles to school in all weather
Guess I am showing my age lol

Back
Top Bottom