Resident Evil 3 Remake

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am nearly done with the Hospital so probably not too far away from the end. Currently my Steam counter is showing 5 hours. So far had a lot of fun and do not regret for one second picking this up :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Completed it a while ago. Considering all the doom and gloom I really enjoyed it. I did expect it to last longer for my first playthrough though, in the end it came in at a little under 7 hours. That is with me taking my time. Was hoping with this play style it would be closer to 10 hours, but nope. In game it actually said clear time 5 hours and 15 minutes and I got a rank of C. Managed to unlock 19 of the 32 achievements.

Even though it is not a lot hours, as a resident evil fan those were some quality hours :D

Will have to sleep on it to see where abouts it ranks on my list, will be a tough one as there were many things I liked but also things that I did not.

Using the points I got at the end I purchased the classic Jill costume and the Field Combat Manual (makes dodging easier). What did you guys get?

Associate
I'm no big resident evil pro, never played any of them until 7 on PC and 2 remake on PS4 (which I thought was excellent) but this doesn't seem worth 50quid at all. 5-7 hours max. Looka like a total rip off to me. Shame I'll have to wait till its half that at least. Graphics do look good.

Soldato
I am nearly done with the Hospital so probably not too far away from the end. Currently my Steam counter is showing 5 hours. So far had a lot of fun and do not regret for one second picking this up :D

Agreed - beautiful game to play!

I've just given Jill the vaccine and called it a night - not sure how much further i have to go.

Associate
I'm torn, I love the RE series and this remake was enjoyable while it lasted... but it's really short and doesn't seem to have a huge amount of replayability. My first playthrough (on standard) was 4.5 hours and that was taking my time, reading all the files, finding all the dolls and getting all the optional weapons/items. 2nd playthrough on hardcore was less than 2 hours. I've heard nightmare/inferno shuffle some item locations (hopefully key items?) so I'll probably play it through on those difficulties some time just to see what changes, but that's about it.

Overall it feels more like £25 worth of content rather than £50. I have a lot of nostalgia for RE so I'll take what I can get and I'm not too disappointed, but I can see how it could be classed as a disappointing game for someone who isn't such a fan of the series :p.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Agreed - beautiful game to play!

I've just given Jill the vaccine and called it a night - not sure how much further i have to go.
1-2 hours ;)

I'm torn, I love the RE series and this remake was enjoyable while it lasted... but it's really short and doesn't seem to have a huge amount of replayability. My first playthrough (on standard) was 4.5 hours and that was taking my time, reading all the files, finding all the dolls and getting all the optional weapons/items. 2nd playthrough on hardcore was less than 2 hours. I've heard nightmare/inferno shuffle some item locations (hopefully key items?) so I'll probably play it through on those difficulties some time just to see what changes, but that's about it.

Overall it feels more like £25 worth of content rather than £50. I have a lot of nostalgia for RE so I'll take what I can get and I'm not too disappointed, but I can see how it could be classed as a disappointing game for someone who isn't such a fan of the series :p.
+1 I think it was a way of them to sell that multi player game. As you say if you are a big fan then those 5-7 hours make it worth it.

Though I do think the replayability will depend on the individual, I will be replaying this many times so will easily get my money’s worth. By next year I would be surprised if my steam counter does not display 20-30 hours. Not fired up Resident Evil Resistance yet, wonder how many hour I will get out of that?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not picked this up yet but see plenty of people complaining about the length I'd the game. It's a remake of a short game so what did you expect.
Thing thing they all complain about the length and price but seem to forgot that you also get a a second game as well, Resident Evil Resistance.

So my question.. is Resistance any good? Is there much content in that?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is rather hard to rank for me. But right now I will put it in front of Resident Evil 4. Even though they messed up by not making it bigger, it still had a proper Resident Evil feel for me, unlike Resident Evil 4 which is where the franchise started to lose the plot. I know I will replay this every now and then, whereas I hardly ever really get the urge to replay Resident Evil 4.

My current ranking (evolves over time):

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 2 Remake
6- Resident Evil 0
7- Resident Evil 3 Remake
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil 7
10- Resident Evil 5
11- Resident Evil: Revelations
12- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
13- Resident Evil 6

Even though people complain about how long the game is, seems about the same as the original to me, plus you get the multiplayer game (which may or may not be of any value). I just wished they put the man hours of the multiplayer game into the remake. What I would have liked to see is no stripped out content and more added. For starters the city part at the beginning needed to be like 3-4 times bigger for my liking. Cannot believe that they made it so small, that was very disappointing for me. Had they kept it like the original and added more to this section of the game I think I would have rated much higher.

+ Graphics and atmosphere.
+ Sound.
+ Gameplay.
+ Feels like a Resident Evil game!
+ Replayability (many will disagree but I foresee myself replaying this a lot to unlock stuff).
+ Connecting the story with Resident Evil 2. Though even more could have been done.
+ Well optimised and performs well on PC. My Vega 64 run it very well at 4K.
+ Jill eye candy. Would love to Jill sandwich her :p:D

- Cut content and campaign a little too short. Should have been bigger than the original.
- Jills voice acting/script at times sounds like a teenage brat.
- Feels like a missed opportunity to make something great.

Overall my disappointment comes from the missed opportunity to make this good game a great one. Will give it 8 out of 10. Glad it was remade and I am happy I picked it up day 1.

Associate
t sucks for casual players on hardcore, you literally have to master the tactical dodge, if you dont you will have a bad time or unless im getting 2 old, i cant imagine doing this on nightmare or worse, just got by the first 2 main nemesis fights will literally no ammo left, and constantly in danger, ruined it a lot for me, should have done standard first, but agree with TNA

Soldato

Thanks for letting us know.

I didn't realize this had already released. I am a fan of series but will just replay 1,2,7 and pick this up when it's sub £20.

Caporegime
t sucks for casual players on hardcore, you literally have to master the tactical dodge, if you dont you will have a bad time or unless im getting 2 old, i cant imagine doing this on nightmare or worse, just got by the first 2 main nemesis fights will literally no ammo left, and constantly in danger, ruined it a lot for me, should have done standard first, but agree with TNA

RE is all about picking and choosing your fights. You have to save ammo for when it is really needed. I was playing the original last night and it took me 4 attempts to defeat Nemesis after he kills Brad as I was rusty as hell!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I never play any game on hard on my first go. I do not see the point. I always play on Normal difficulty as I want to enjoy myself and do not want it to get frustrating. I suggest you buy the Field Combat Manual with the points you earned from the Shop for completing the game, makes dodging much easier. I am using it right now on my 2nd playthrough. Playing on assisted mode this time for a chilled playthrough and make sure I do not miss the few things I did on my first playthrough. After this I will take a break for a while from it and come back and play it on hard :D

RE is all about picking and choosing your fights. You have to save ammo for when it is really needed. I was playing the original last night and it took me 4 attempts to defeat Nemesis after he kills Brad as I was rusty as hell!

I pretty much killed everything on my first playthrough on the Normal difficulty. If you shoot the head and critical areas depending on the target, there is plenty ammo.

Associate
cheers will try that, yea i definetely should have done standard first, but i will play through several times to get the achievements and unlocks, must say the hospital with carlos was one of my favourite sections, creepy athmosphere and great sound, also like that the characters got some more depth to them, overall so far im enjoying it and will get some great hours in it

Associate
OP
Just given Jill the vaccine, which by all accounts is now the final segment of the game? Don't think I can defend this one, it just feels poor in comparison to RE2. I get that it's supposed to be the more action orientated of the originals, but it's just crammed full of too many on rails chase segments for me, there's no tension when all I have to do is run forward or hold a single key.

Each area just feels like a stepping stone to the next cutscene/set piece, there's way too many save rooms in some parts and the pacing and design overall is pretty awful. I played the first few sections in proper hardcore mode mentality, picking my fights and avoiding combat to conserve ammo for the big enemies/boss encounters. Only Nemesis has been a joke throughout and I'm now swimming in ammunition and healing items.

I actually thought about something earlier which could potentially be a run killer?

If you miss the grenade launcher in the sewer can you actually defeat Nemesis in the clock tower fight where you have to use the mine rounds? I say this because the first time I fought him I'd sorted out my inventory in the save room beforehand, leaving the GL in the box with all the ammo. I saved and then came back to play again a few hours later.

I was on auto pilot when I returned and left thinking I still had it in my inventory, in the boss fight I used every round of ammunition I had on him, probably around 100 handgun and 30-40 shotgun shells. It became pretty obvious quickly that I needed the GL to knock him down, I persevered on thinking it would just take a bit more ammo than normal I but couldn't get him to fall and expose his weak point at all. I then ran out of ammo and resorted to doing perfect dodges and knife attacks for a few minutes. I assumed it had bugged out or was on a timer and decided to reset and take the GL, boom boss fight over in a matter of minutes and all that ammo saved.

Seemed really bizarre

Associate
If you miss the grenade launcher in the sewer can you actually defeat Nemesis in the clock tower fight where you have to use the mine rounds? I say this because the first time I fought him I'd sorted out my inventory in the save room beforehand, leaving the GL in the box with all the ammo. I saved and then came back to play again a few hours later.

I was on auto pilot when I returned and left thinking I still had it in my inventory, in the boss fight I used every round of ammunition I had on him, probably around 100 handgun and 30-40 shotgun shells. It became pretty obvious quickly that I needed the GL to knock him down, I persevered on thinking it would just take a bit more ammo than normal I but couldn't get him to fall and expose his weak point at all. I then ran out of ammo and resorted to doing perfect dodges and knife attacks for a few minutes. I assumed it had bugged out or was on a timer and decided to reset and take the GL, boom boss fight over in a matter of minutes and all that ammo saved.

Seemed really bizarre

The grenade launcher will appear on top of an oil drum near the boss fight if you don't pick it up in the sewers (same with the shotgun)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Completed it a second time now. Done more achievements and got more points to unlock stuff in the shop :)

Got 11 hours on the Steam clock now. Feel like I am only getting warmed up as I can definitely see myself trying to do all achievements and get the rocket launcher now. However it will have to wait until I am done with Final Fantasy 7 Remake :p;):D

Associate
I've not played Resident Evil before, I'm reading lots of good reports on last years Resident Evil 2 Remake, shall I pick that up or is this latest version 3 Remake the one to go for?

Associate
Certainly lot of changes to the way the story is being told to the original..game is fun though.
Stopped playing after you start Carlos segment at the police station to go sort my car out.

Back
Top Bottom