Samsung A70 6.7" 4500 no curved screen ~£400

Man of Honour
Got the A71 delivered on Monday. Sadly was too ill to pay it much attention at the time. Pretty impressive phone for what I paid. (including the view case and cashback it's just under £300 - through an offer from other half's work and direct from Samsung)

Screen is good. Fingerprint sensor isn't great, but it'll do for most things. Not had a chance to play with the camera(s) yet. Case is fine, nothing spectacular with it. 2 sim slots and a SD card is useful as hell. Currently got a 400gb SD card in it taken from my old phone and apart from a 'transfer media' notification that wouldn't sod off for a while, it's working fine.

Because I was stuck on Lollipop for a while so many apps need replacing with versions that work well with Android 10.

Hating having to log in to all the accounts again though. Especially ones that use 2fa... Need to move all that across. Thinking of going with Authy instead of Google's Authenticator

Soldato
Got the wife the A71 last week she's comes a S7E . Nice phone and screen , she likes the extra screen size saves her popping reading glasses on as much . I'm impressed with dual sim slot + sd card slot great as she swapping from voda to BT and can have both sims in + sd card

£260 with £100 S7E trade-in and £60 cashback from Samsung

Man of Honour
If anyone is thinking of getting the A71... Samsung is having a promo on their S10 lite...£399 (not including cashback/trade-in...so potentially much less) by using code SAMSUNG20
I've just got one for £371.20 by trading in my 9 year old galaxy S gen1 lol
EDIT: Oh, and also, no employee discount/link needed...available to all

Last edited:
Underboss
since getting Android Q
When my A70 Screen timeout happens, on charge, it no longer says fast charging, only when I activate the phone and check the charging status

how can i tell if its fast charging when on the black screen ?

Soldato
let it timeout when close to 0% and let it charge. if it hits 80% in around an hour then it's fast charging. Alternatively, use a power meter to test the charger - it should be pulling 20-25 watts from the wall depending on how full the battery is.

edit: i've just checked mine and it does fast charge despite not displaying it on screen so i guess it's just a software bug :)

Back
Top Bottom