Borderlands 3

Associate
Loving it too (lvl-15). Only gripe i have is the amount of time i seem to be spending sorting through the guns. The drops of epic, rare & legendary feels very high compared to BL2 so there's almost too much choice of great guns.

Am I right in thinking that as I get further into the game i'll keep my guns for longer due to not leveling up so quickly, and so be more picky about when I upgrade?

Associate
Loving it too (lvl-15). Only gripe i have is the amount of time i seem to be spending sorting through the guns. The drops of epic, rare & legendary feels very high compared to BL2 so there's almost too much choice of great guns.

Am I right in thinking that as I get further into the game i'll keep my guns for longer due to not leveling up so quickly, and so be more picky about when I upgrade?

Yeh i think the guns will last a lot longer in later lvl's. I think there is an event on atm as all vending machines have legendary items in them.

Soldato
Surprised at how long the single player is in this, although makes sense with the size of the game and all the locations at around 75gb. Level 20 and not even half way at chapter 10/23.

Soldato
I got my level 57 now, I have been playing loads since I started playing a few weeks ago.

The maxxis heist of hansom jackpot dlc is definitely the best part of the game, so much action, great new weapons, so much loot,very nice looking lights and very well designed stages.

Just started playing it again with some mayhem turned on and it adds to the fun.

Soldato

There was a special event on last week which is probably why you were seeing so much legendary loot.

There is still lots of it now but last week had crazy amounts.

Soldato
Been doing the Takedown and Slaughter Shaft on TVHM Mayhem4, so much loot drops I can't even see the enemies, or the map - for star legendary icons :D

jiHykfI.jpg

My eyes lit up when I see that looot :)

Ps how do I start takedown? I searched for it through social but it never finds a match.

Soldato
yeah, me and my friend speedrun the takedown on Mayhem 4, it's insane at the moment - each badass enemy we kill leaves a virtual camp-fire of loot :D

Just patches like this all over the place; :D

xGIW1Vo.png

My eyes lit up when I see that looot :)

Ps how do I start takedown? I searched for it through social but it never finds a match.

You can play it single player, you have to have completed the game before you get access, you need to go to Midnights Cairn, from there you can get a drop pod down.

Soldato
yeah, me and my friend speedrun the takedown on Mayhem 4, it's insane at the moment - each badass enemy we kill leaves a virtual camp-fire of loot :D

Just patches like this all over the place; :D

xGIW1Vo.png

You can play it single player, you have to have completed the game before you get access, you need to go to Midnights Cairn, from there you can get a drop pod down.

Quick question.

I started again with true volt hunter mode. I have made it back to sanctuary and then started playing the dlc.

Do I need to finish the story again or can I go there straight from sanctuary?

Soldato
You need to have finished the game, right?

To do the takedown yes,

Quick question.

I started again with true volt hunter mode. I have made it back to sanctuary and then started playing the dlc.

Do I need to finish the story again or can I go there straight from sanctuary?

If you're talking about the takedown, I *think* you have to finish the main story before it gives you access,

Soldato
@Screeeech Any tips on the best way to spend guardian points? I have around 30 to spend and I play siren.

I actually have no idea, I play Fl4k and I started off with most of mine in the hunter tree, but now almost all 3 trees are maxed, might be worth reading a guide, or just putting them into things you think are useful, or unlock a specific thing you want :)

Soldato
Is this better than borderlands 2?

cons.
The story and characters are not as good.
No physX.
Its not very well optimized.
30fps cut scenes

Pros.
Graphics are big improvement even on low settings.
Lots of nice guns.
Movement and jumping is much smoother.
Shooting and battles are great.
HDR looks amazing.
Moxxi hiest dlc is great.

So to some up, it's great fun, it looks great but the story is fairly trash.
I mean seriously wtf was alicia keys doing, maybe I missed something and wasn't paying attention but some bits really didn't make sense to me ,like cut scenes that didn't included the characters we were playing.

Last edited:
Associate
cons.
The story and characters are not as good.
No physX.
Its not very well optimized.
30fps cut scenes

Pros.
Graphics are big improvement even on low settings.
Lots of nice guns.
Movement and jumping is much smoother.
Shooting and battles are great.
HDR looks amazing.
Moxxi hiest dlc is great.

So to some up, it's great fun, it looks great but the story is fairly trash.
I mean seriously wtf was alicia keys doing, maybe I missed something and wasn't paying attention but some bits really didn't make sense to me ,like cut scenes that didn't included the characters we were playing.

Hmm that's sad, I'll probably wait until it is in a sale then

Back
Top Bottom