*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Misschief does sky signature include basic Netflix or is it only sky ultimate that includes Netflix?

I have sky q and 2 boxes and now only see sky signature and multiroom on my bill

Is this because Sky Q UHD is part of the sky signature cost?

Actually, I'm interested to know the answer to this.
I managed to get through to Sky yesterday to discuss end of contract. I wanted rid of multiroom, so I was moved over onto Signature.
She said about the Netflix and I said about keeping UHD (I know there is a Sky UHD + HD Pack now). She said Signature comes with UHD - I made the mistake of not asking about Netflix UHD.

I think I may need to upgrade my Sky HD to the newer UHD+HD if I want to keep Netflix UHD.

Soldato
For £3.50 per month, you can have Netflix UHD on Sundays and Tuesdays. If you want Signature HD along with Formula 1 UHD you'll need to buy a Signature+ booster pack for £19.99 per month, which comes with a 1GB Sim on a 36 month contract. Multiroom enables box sets and comes with the children's channels for an extra £5.99 per month etc etc.

I find Sky's pricing to be obscure to the point of dishonesty.

Soldato
Yer - it has all finally dawned on me - and after a few chats on a few other forums :)
With the new packages you can get UHD without the need for Multiroom, that was throwing confusion.
When I was discussing the new "Signature" package, I was told that included UHD (which apparently it does) but doesn't get you a Netflix upgrade to UHD.

So Signature - Netflix Basic
HD Pack (£6) - Netflix Standard
UHD+HD Pack (£10) - Netflix Premium

I'd expect the majority of people who are taking Signature will also be taking the HD pack (despite the annoyance of paying for it in this day and age, the thought of SD makes many people cry).
So an additional £4 on top of that will upgrade your Netflix to the top tier.

Soldato
Quick question - after a Sky negotiation where your expecting a fair few changes on your account, packages appearing and disappearing and prices dropping - how long does it usually take for those changes to be reflected in your online account?
I only spoke with Sky on Friday morning, so it's not surprising that right now my three future bills are all "as is" and don't reflect any of the changes.
When should I expect those to be visible under my account? Really just want to make sure the right things have been applied, right prices etc.

Caporegime
Quick question - after a Sky negotiation where your expecting a fair few changes on your account, packages appearing and disappearing and prices dropping - how long does it usually take for those changes to be reflected in your online account?
I only spoke with Sky on Friday morning, so it's not surprising that right now my three future bills are all "as is" and don't reflect any of the changes.
When should I expect those to be visible under my account? Really just want to make sure the right things have been applied, right prices etc.

You pay in advance and your next bill isn't produced until 14 days before your payment due date. if that is more than 14 days away I wouldn't worry, check on that day. If it's less than 14 days away I'd get back to them.

Associate
I've just renegotiated my deal. Pretty much full package, which is now includes the signature pack rather than boxsets etc. I had the HD pack and multi-room, and still have these. Previously I had UHD available for boxsets/cinema. Is there now a specific UHD pack that i dont seem to have taken, and as a result now wont have UHD available for movies and boxsets when the new deal starts?

Edit - disregard, found out the answer, seems from future bills that there is a specific UltraHD pack, and i have it included for free already I guess as part of paying for the HD pack.

Last edited:
Soldato
You pay in advance and your next bill isn't produced until 14 days before your payment due date. if that is more than 14 days away I wouldn't worry, check on that day. If it's less than 14 days away I'd get back to them.

Thank you - yes, more than 14 days out, so I'll wait a little longer. Ta

Soldato
I've just renegotiated my deal. Pretty much full package, which is now includes the signature pack rather than boxsets etc. I had the HD pack and multi-room, and still have these. Previously I had UHD available for boxsets/cinema. Is there now a specific UHD pack that i dont seem to have taken, and as a result now wont have UHD available for movies and boxsets when the new deal starts?

Edit - disregard, found out the answer, seems from future bills that there is a specific UltraHD pack, and i have it included for free already I guess as part of paying for the HD pack.

Yer - it is awkward with all the options currently not being on the sky website.
From what I've worked out:

Signature - comes with UHD for the boxsets. Netflix now included, however only basic
HD Pack - gives you access to the HD channels. Netflix gets upgraded to Standard
UHD+HD Pack - gives you access to UHD premium channels. Netflix gets upgraded to Premium.

Soldato
My contract was coming up for renewal, so popped on live chat this morning managed to keep same price for another 18 months (well £1 cheaper)

Was currently paying £66 for everything with multiroom and UHD and have got it for £65 which is amazing.

Was due to go up to £110 next month eek. At first they offered it to me for £78.50, but did the whole I will leave and then see what deals come up once this is all over, then got offered a better one.

Chat below, just in case anyone wants for reference. It's on another 18 month contract.

"All sorted, there has been another £2 off offer added also at the end stage.

Just to recap, I have applied new 18 month offers to your package. As in the key facts above, you have entered a new 18 month minimum term for the following products:

Sky Signature
Sky Sports
Sky Cinema
Kids
Sky Multi-screen
Netflix
UHD

Your billing is as follows:

1st May: £42.67 (includes £10 admin fee/any call or Sky Store charges)
1st June: £47
1st july 2020 to 1st April 2021: £65 per month once sports is back"

Last edited:
Soldato
MissChief - I don't know if you know the answer to this one or not. Want to avoid taking up a place in the phone queue as I know there will be people with far more important questions than mine!

I've been moved over from Sky Entertainment to Sky Signature - no problems here.
I also had "Ultimate on Demand". I was only paying £3/month for that - so I've been told I can keep that with Sky Signature, that giving me Netflix Basic.
I have then added the UHD+HD Pack which should then give my Netflix Premium.

No reason for me to not believe what I've been told - it's just the new add-on package is called the "Ultimate TV Add-on" which gives you the Netflix Basic.
I can only assume the system allowed those two to remain on my account - but that will work? Sky Signature along with the older package "Ultimate on Demand"?

Caporegime
MissChief - I don't know if you know the answer to this one or not. Want to avoid taking up a place in the phone queue as I know there will be people with far more important questions than mine!

I've been moved over from Sky Entertainment to Sky Signature - no problems here.
I also had "Ultimate on Demand". I was only paying £3/month for that - so I've been told I can keep that with Sky Signature, that giving me Netflix Basic.
I have then added the UHD+HD Pack which should then give my Netflix Premium.

No reason for me to not believe what I've been told - it's just the new add-on package is called the "Ultimate TV Add-on" which gives you the Netflix Basic.
I can only assume the system allowed those two to remain on my account - but that will work? Sky Signature along with the older package "Ultimate on Demand"?
Really not sure mate, I’m no longer customer facing so didn’t get any briefs on the new Signature packages. Sorry!

Soldato
Given that my DD has increased significantly over the last couple of months, I'm guessing my contract is up. I signed into my account to get in touch with someone, only to find they're only taking calls from vulnerable people "so please don't call", whilst live messaging is closed.

So I can't do anything to cancel or re-negotiate my contract, but they've still put the price up anyway. Sky: the company you can rely on to do the best for Sky.

Soldato
If you call you can either confirm you are vulnerable and/or key worker - average wait around 30 minutes. Or you can stay silent when asked to confirm, in which case you're pushed into the non-urgent queue, average wait around an hour.

Soldato
I'm currently paying :

Sky Entertainment
£19.00
Sky Box Sets
£1.00
Sky Kids
£1.00
Sky Cinema
£11.00
Sky HD
£2.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£14.00
Bill total £48.00

I have decided I dont really want to pay for sky any more so I'm stuck on the online chat waiting for a response.

I hate the whole cancellation process of these services. Takes an age even when there isn't a coronavirus to deal with.

Soldato
well, after over 15 years i've pulled the trigger and cancelled. for the amount i'm watching now it's just not worth the money, and the "customer service" is abysmal. my PAce Digibox is dying a slow death and i've lost interest in trying to get info on replacing it, only alternatives seem to be giving Sky more money for upgrades to Q or whatever.

Soldato
To those that have cancelled Sky recently how did you contact them?

If I call them I am emphatically told that I am not eligible to continue the call. If I try and email them the email facility tells me I cannot proceed and I need to contact them via another method. If I use the chat facility it errors after waiting an hour to chat to someone.

Are other people just ignoring the prerequisites and persisting via telephone?

Back
Top Bottom