Resident Evil 3 Remake

Associate
Finished this yesterday and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would never pay £50 for it though, luckily got a code with an AMD GPU so it felt like a freebie. I would say it's worthy of £25-£30 maximum.

Took me about 7 hours to complete but it could have been quicker if I had rushed through it. To be honest though, I can easily get bored with some games that just seem to go on and on so the length of this didn't really disappoint me, however if I had paid £50 for it I might have felt differently.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
bawkbasoup on youtube done a review for it recently, worth a watch, some DLC would be nice, maybe the ubcs deployment during the opening scene and some extra costumes would be a nice addition
Yeah. Considering what they are charging they should make new costumes unlock able through the shop.

I actually unlocked the classic Jill outfit which gave my 2nd replay more of a classic feel to it which I liked.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Why oh why does Jill run so slowly, I have always hated boss fights and finding the 2nd one a pain in the bum because of her poor movement?
That is how it is designed to be. If she runs any faster it would impact the gameplay and not be what it is means to be. It would take away more tension and game would probably be half as long for those who like to blast through it. You should just change to easy mode, beat the boss and then change difficulty again if struggling :)

Soldato
Surviving is part of the fun! They tried an action oriented approach with RE and it took a turn for the camp(ier). Plus being menaced by Nemesis is an essential feature of RE3. Had the encounters been easier or characters more agile, the game would've been very short.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Finished it earlier, pretty much bang on 5 hours on Hardcore. I had so much ammo and healing items by the end that I couldn't use them if I tried, didn't even touch the magnum!

Initial thoughts are that this is about a 6/10:
  • Too short, a lot of the areas felt super condensed down and rushed
  • Way too many save points, plus the auto save and lack of ink ribbons eliminated the need for planning your route/item management
  • Difficulty felt OK, but there were too many ammo drops.
  • The boss fights were way too easy
  • The dodge felt nice, but was a bit broken once you learned to abuse it
  • Nemesis was a big let down, massively underused and missed opportunity with him
  • Gameplay was still fun and the visuals were a step up, I think poor design choices really hurt it though
I also find it annoying that the true hardest difficulty doesn't unlock until you beat the game, why can't we just have that from the get go?

Don't get me wrong I can certainly see the appeal, it's just nowhere near as good as RE2 was to me.

Soldato
I also find it annoying that the true hardest difficulty doesn't unlock until you beat the game, why can't we just have that from the get go?

Tradition. :) New Game+ mode was a big thing back in the day. But they streamlined other things, so it's not entirely consistent with the other design choices they made.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Honestly looking back at both Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, I can’t help but feel disappointed at how small the vision they for them.

I always imagined they would have done a much better job in Resident Evil 2 linking Leon and Clair’s playthroughs. You remember in the original how what you did as one character could impact the other? Like leaving them the expansion slots or machine gun. Then there was the needs two hands prints at the end so the room would only open on the 2nd playthrough. They should have left those in and expanded on them. There is so much more that could have been done to encourage more playthroughs or at least make them more enjoyable.

I do like what they have done with the Shop in Resident Evil 3. That is definitely making it more fun to replay the game. I am on my 3rd run now, this time no saves, no item box etc :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Luckily I kept a save with Carlos at the Hospital, an Infinite weapon is very handy there for grinding the kills out.
Yeah. I messed up and saved over it on my 2nd playthrough. Now on my 3rd I will save there. I actually wa going for a no save game, but realised there is no achievement for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom