1660 ti or 5600 XT

Associate
Brand new, they're pretty much the same price point! what are the forum's thoughts on the merits of each? would love to know and hear your opinions, there's a lot of mis-information out there, depending on your team colours! Just like to hear some unbiased comments,
Cheers.

Soldato
If I was forced to buy one I'd get the 5600XT as it's a faster card.

That said, I'd either save and get a 1660S or spend a little more and get a 5700/5700XT, if you're a die hard Nvidia fan the 2060 comes in around the same price.

They're both at a crap price point for their relative performance.

Associate
OP
Interesting, my new build is on a theme of low power, so I'm not even considering anything that needs anything more than a single 8 or 6 pin additional power connector. Temp is also a factor in the new rig. I can see the benefits of a 1660 Super, and a basic 2060. I agree with you about the price point, but unfortunately, that is my price point, and I just have to deal with it, bot will be overall improvements on my Galax GTX 1060 6Gb Black.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input, I'll be honest I've been ignoring single fan cards on the belief they couldn't keep as cool as a basic dual model? Am I wrong on this and by how much? are there any reviews on GPU's against temps?

Soldato
Definately the 5600 XT. AMD drivers mature like fine wine if you're planning to keep it for a good few years. It's still not great value for money though. There's a gap in the market between an RX 580 and a 1660 Super with nothing that I'd call good value in between those two price brackets. You'll need to spend a bit more or spend a bit less.

Associate
Yes I am not sure what is going on with OCUK pricing on 5600XT they are terrible.

It's like they have tacked on the cost of the "free" Resident Evil 3 bundle to the card compared to the prices elsewhere.

Associate
OP
You're all right on many counts, but the 2700XT is 225w (No good for me) and I can buy the Saph pulse brand new for £277 delivered.

Associate
Personally the NVidia have much better power consumption figures for the same performance gpu. So if power is an issue go 1660/super or the rtx 2060. Otherwise go get a 5600 xt.

Back
Top Bottom