• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
With the big streaming TV companies been asked to reduced their quality delivery to cause less strain on ISP's because so many people are now working from home. The big guys at Google must be thinking now world is definitely not ready for cloud gaming services such as Stadia.
Damn, I didn't even consider the consequences for streaming services that requires live inputs to be accurate. I wonder how Stadia will hold up now? But I guess we'll never know since it's already considered a failure.

Soldato
Damn, I didn't even consider the consequences for streaming services that requires live inputs to be accurate. I wonder how Stadia will hold up now? But I guess we'll never know since it's already considered a failure.

Excalty, even Sony had to reduce their download speeds for PSN and they have a cloud gaming service for the PS4 and PC.

Maybe others will not be in a rush now to use this technology.

Caporegime
OP
I wonder what’s going on with the free access and integration with YouTube which is supposed to really get things going. Has there been any official comms this year?

Permabanned
I keep getting tempted by Stadia, I feel like I should get it as I have the internet connection to get the best out of it. FTTP 500/250.

I have been wanting to play Doom Eternal so I pay £119 for the setup, what after that?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I keep getting tempted by Stadia, I feel like I should get it as I have the internet connection to get the best out of it. FTTP 500/250.

I have been wanting to play Doom Eternal so I pay £119 for the setup, what after that?
Did you not watch the video above mate?

Soldato

After that? The long wait.

Soldato
Quite enjoying The Division on stadia and speaking of long waits... https://reddit.app.link/a4yqEtg4l5

I've got a PS4, Switch and a PC so I don't use Stadia as my main form of gaming but the latency on it isn't an issue, some games it's barely noticeable.
*I don't use it for anything online competitive, I have the PC for that...

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread has pretty much been people coming in and bashing it for months without trying it for themselves

Might come back here in a few months when the people that post in here are the ones actually using it.

Caporegime
OP
This thread has pretty much been people coming in and bashing it for months without trying it for themselves

LOL, how about Google get their act together and you know, launch the stuff they said they were going to like the free tier, the integration with YouTube, etc. Nobody's going to give two hoots about Stadia when xCloud is fully launched.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Might come back here in a few months when the people that post in here are the ones actually using it.
The way things are s going you will come back to a thread with no posts at all. Lol

LOL, how about Google get their act together and you know, launch the stuff they said they were going to like the free tier, the integration with YouTube, etc. Nobody's going to give two hoots about Stadia when xCloud is fully launched.
Exactly.

Soldato
I think the lack of enthusiasm everywhere, along with very little user feedback says all we need to know.
The ‘bash Stadia’ phase was over relatively quickly. There’s just not a lot else on offer.
In fairness, it could be an ideal slow-paced gaming product. Seems like Google just aren’t interested in doing the work.

Soldato
I think they should have gone with games in the more niche market rather than going with the big developers and publishers to attract the average consumer. They also need to hit all platforms ie apple, android, microsoft etc all outlets to allow a far greater market to allow better uptake.

It probably is a case of in 3-5 years time this will become a new market ie streaming only rather than downloading and installing. Same happened with the Xbox one launch, the outrage about digital licencing and having to stay connected, now we are all pretty much going digital apart from people wanting a physical collection of games.

Back
Top Bottom