• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Just watching Spencer on the IGN Xbox show and the more he talked about the Customer, I think they’ll go £450 for the Series X or merely match what the PS5 will be.

I think they’ll take the loss to get people buying the “Most powerful console”.

Caporegime
OP
Just watching Spencer on the IGN Xbox show and the more he talked about the Customer, I think they’ll go £450 for the Series X or merely match what the PS5 will be.

I think they’ll take the loss to get people buying the “Most powerful console”.

I also noticed he mentioned dateS when talking about console launches. Perhaps Series S will be revealed as well at some point.

Soldato
We know the answer to that already though. The specs don’t lie, the Xbox is the more powerful console.
It's funny how when they were released Xbox One was absolutely slated as being inferior to the more powerful PS4 which was clearly designed for the gamers, apparently now that no longer matters.;)

I actually think the additional capabilities are more interesting long term. Given the backward compatibility of Xbox, if MS were to include first year Gamepass and even XCloud with the hardware they'd have a pretty compelling catalogue of games for gamers moving from PS4 and quite a compelling offer for parents at christmas as kids get more games than they know what to do with from day 1. They'd need deep pockets but that could be an absolute killer baseline offer if you then add the superior power for new games as they arrive.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's funny how when they were released Xbox One was absolutely slated as being inferior to the more powerful PS4 which was clearly designed for the gamers, apparently now that no longer matters.;)

I actually think the additional capabilities are more interesting long term. Given the backward compatibility of Xbox, if MS were to include first year Gamepass and even XCloud with the hardware they'd have a pretty compelling catalogue of games for gamers moving from PS4 and quite a compelling offer for parents at christmas as kids get more games than they know what to do with from day 1. They'd need deep pockets but that could be an absolute killer baseline offer if you then add the superior power for new games as they arrive.

Don't remember them being slated for that at all :confused: The Xbox had a higher clocked CPU AFAIK. They were slated for the inclusion of kinect and that stupid DRM announcement.

Soldato
Don't remember them being slated for that at all :confused: The Xbox had a higher clocked CPU AFAIK. They were slated for the inclusion of kinect and that stupid DRM announcement.
LMAO, here, and every other forum slated the original xobx for being underpowered. Its very clear Sony Enthusiasts have changed there tune now.

Soldato
'every other forum', aye ok... 'one of the most talked about things at the time', must have been a slow news week in the world.
So you never read the countless threads talking about how the xbox had to play games at 720p whist the PS4 was playing them at 1080p, etc?

Soldato
'every other forum', aye ok... 'one of the most talked about things at the time', must have been a slow news week in the world.
Perhaps you don’t remember, it was widespread however.

Associate
Perhaps you don’t remember, it was widespread however.
Yep, I recall there were a lot of comparisons for CoD (and a few other games) at the time......though the higher price due to Kinect and the issue with DRM before launch were equally as big an issue.

Soldato
I don't remember power or 720/1080 being a major issue until after release. It was the shoe-horning in of Kinect, focus on being a media system, and the awful DRM stuff that caught much (deserved) criticism, Sony made it clear they were just building a games console first and foremost and that's what most wanted.

The power differential only really became apparent once we started to see games because until then no one knew if it was just architecture differences that some devs couldn't work with as easily.

Pretty soon it became apparent that the XB1 just wasn't as powerful and ever since then it's become more of a factor in marketing. I'd argue that's because it was the first generation where the difference was significant enough for it to justify purchasing a game on one console not the other because your experience would be that much better.

Soldato
The Xbox was a laughing stock before launch the performance difference came after. Yes people were trolling the spec sheet but it only became apparent a month or two after it came out.

Also we are forgetting the spilt territory release dates.

It was a complete shambles.

Man of Honour
I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X. I rarely play either.

The interphase on the Xbox is absolutely rubbish. It feels like I’m booting up an old bloated computer. The menus are clunky and there is just way to much going on. Why are there so many menus and layers of menus? I always opt to play the PS4 for that reason. Simple, comparatively smooth.

I’ll opt for whichever is the most painless to use. Both could take a leaf out of Nintendo’s / Apple’s book on that.

Associate
As an avid fan of Vr I have no choice I have to go ps5. I find it incredibly disappointing that ms is ignoring Vr. Having the console with supposedly the highest specs not support Vr just seems backwards to me. Just let me plug my quest link into it and sell oculus games on the store.

Back
Top Bottom