Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
I will NOT be playing Terraforming Mars again. After 3 hours and basically telling my mate I did not care to take my next turn, and to bring me another beer... Nah. Distinctly remember the frustration with it all :p
Yeah it’s a really hard balance to get right.

My favourite ‘complicated game’ is Brass Birmingham.

That is definitely as complicated as I’d ever want to go! I would also add - it’s extremely good.

Soldato
Some new games to keep me going for a bit. Already fallen out over Battleship for apparently being a bad winner by showboating. :D

csoboHth.jpg

Ticket to ride is quite fun. Not a fan of Terraforming Marsh though, though I've only played it once.

Old (but still classic) game we were playing recently was the LoTR version of Risk. Timeless fun

Man of Honour
I go as far as Monopoly or Scrabble...
Monopoly is awful. Horrible, horrible strategy-less game!

Scrabble is fun but only with a short time limit.

Settlers of Catan is the go-to jump to ‘decent’ board games so I’d recommend that. It’s easy to poo-poo as an experienced gamer but Catan remains the game which is enjoyed by everyone with an almost perfect playtime.

Soldato
Settlers of Catan is the go-to jump to ‘decent’ board games so I’d recommend that. It’s easy to poo-poo as an experienced gamer but Catan remains the game which is enjoyed by everyone with an almost perfect playtime.

Annoyingly there are only two of us so Settlers isn't suitable. :(

We've both got on with the other games we've played with no problems so we'll jump on Terraforming Mars later this week and see how it goes! Ticket to Ride is this afternoons fun after I've BBQed some sausage rolls.

Soldato
Annoyingly there are only two of us so Settlers isn't suitable. :(

We've both got on with the other games we've played with no problems so we'll jump on Terraforming Mars later this week and see how it goes! Ticket to Ride is this afternoons fun after I've BBQed some sausage rolls.

I enjoy Terraforming Mars but the rules take a bit of getting used to, can be played digitally as well via Steam (I found a cheap key online for like £1.50 per key).

Don't quite get the same impression as playing at the same table, but it does a good job of showing how the game works and auto-calculating resources.

I haz 4090!
Don
Lots of clipper sets being bought recently! I've been cutting my own hair for a while. I usually go for around a number 8 on top, but quite messy and not uniform because I'm cool and I like to say I "layer" my hair.

I've been tempted to do a number 1 on the sides and fade it into a number 2 on top though, just to see how it looks. Severely tempted at the moment as it looks like it may be a while until we see anyone we know. It'll grow back in time if it looks tosh, right?

Caporegime
Lots of clipper sets being bought recently! I've been cutting my own hair for a while. I usually go for around a number 8 on top, but quite messy and not uniform because I'm cool and I like to say I "layer" my hair.

I've been tempted to do a number 1 on the sides and fade it into a number 2 on top though, just to see how it looks. Severely tempted at the moment as it looks like it may be a while until we see anyone we know. It'll grow back in time if it looks tosh, right?

Isn't an 8 like a 70s Shaft afro?

Soldato

Yep, and the prices have gone up accordingly. Amazon are OOO for loads of sets and just expensive marketplace sellers gouging. Just has a look on eBay for the set I just bought for £30 direct from Remington, £80 on the bay :eek:.

Back
Top Bottom