Borderlands 3

Soldato
For me the story isn't as good as Borderlands 2, but that can also be a difficult point - because Borderlands 2 was very very good, Borderlands 3 is still good, just not AS good as borderlands 2.

However, the guns, combat, loot, graphics, all the fun stuff, in Borderlands 3 is better.

Bottom line; If you liked Borderlands 2 and played the heck out of it, you'll play Borderlands 3 and do the same :)

Soldato
Hmm that's sad, I'll probably wait until it is in a sale then

Yeah if stories and characters are your thing then you might be disappointed.

But it is a great game and it's definitely a big step up in graphics and game play to number 2, the art work on number 3 is very well done.

I paid £75 on release for the game with all the dlc, I think it was worth that, there is a lot of content.

If you want it on sale then epic store has 50% off right now.
Main game is £25 or £42.50 for the SUPER deluxe with the season pass.

It's definitely worth getting the version with the season pass because it's £40 alone if you but it separately. FYI It's only the super deluxe that comes with the pass, the regular deluxe version doesn't.

If you read the reviews about the dlc on steam there is a lot of people regret not buying the super deluxe version.

Soldato
Does anyone have any issues with this constantly crashing?

yeah Myself and friends have had lots of issues with it crashing, especially using dx12.

One fix that worked well for us, was to clear the directx shader cache. Go to disk cleanup under c: then select it and delete it, (uncheck everything else)

Soldato
I'm thinking about taking the plunge on Epic as Borderlands 3 works out at £14.99 in their spring sale will one of those £10 coupons that I have from the previous sale.

Now for the big question: Is it worth paying the extra for the Super Deluxe Version that includes season pass? That bumps the total price up to £32.49 including 4 lots of DLC. It appears that 2 have been released so far of which the first seems to have decent reviews but there is less love for the second...

Associate
...4 lots of DLC. It appears that 2 have been released so far of which the first seems to have decent reviews but there is less love for the second...

Definitely worth getting the 1st DLC, but ill be honest, after playing the main game, then that first DLC one after the other, I'm kinda done with B3 for now, so maybe just buy the DLC's when you want a fix later, instead of money up front that you may not want to spend later.

Soldato
Definitely worth getting the 1st DLC, but ill be honest, after playing the main game, then that first DLC one after the other, I'm kinda done with B3 for now, so maybe just buy the DLC's when you want a fix later, instead of money up front that you may not want to spend later.

To be honest I don't see myself coughing up £11.99 for a single DLC when all 4 effectively cost another £17.50 with the super deluxe version. I suppose the really smart thing to do would be to hold off for another year or two until the Borderlands 3 GOTY edition crops up in a sale for £10. :D

However, due to the current sale/coupon scenario and actually having some time to game at the moment with the lockdown limiting my other activities, I think EPIC will get my money for either the core game or super deluxe version...

Associate
so is it just boss farming at the end. Played through it and the 2 DLC's, don't really want to play the whole thing over from scratch in vault hunter mode. Do the mayhem modes give you the same potential loot drops at true vault hunter mode? The bosses don't seem to scale with you, i checked out a couple of the earlier bosses and they were low level and dropped low level loot. So am i stuck farming the few high level bosses now?

Soldato
so is it just boss farming at the end. Played through it and the 2 DLC's, don't really want to play the whole thing over from scratch in vault hunter mode. Do the mayhem modes give you the same potential loot drops at true vault hunter mode? The bosses don't seem to scale with you, i checked out a couple of the earlier bosses and they were low level and dropped low level loot. So am i stuck farming the few high level bosses now?

Best way to get loot, is to play the Maliwan takedown on true-vault hunter mode, on Mayhem 4, or Torgue's slaughter shaft.

If you're really hardcore, try the takedown on Mayhem 4, true-takedown mode, where it's scaled to 4x players.

Every baddass is dropping 3-4 legendaries :D

And yes, mayhem modes drastically increase the amount of legendaries,

Back
Top Bottom