Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
You might not have been in the right place, some of them are quite specific.

I printed off a physical copy of all the maps as I didn't like having my second screen running as a distraction, that helped me to learn them

I'll have to move around the extraction point to see if I can do it.. Yeah that's a plan I might get copies of the maps

Soldato
Remember some extraction points are PMC only, some are SCAV only, some are both

If you have a 2nd monitor get a map on that, or use your phone.

The Wiki pages are generally very good for maps etc

Man of Honour
Also some extracts will need you to meet certain requirements to be able to use them, so thats something to keep in mind on the various maps. Like, must have a paracord to be able to extract, another extract point wont let you extract if you have a bag on you and so on.

Soldato
Have you also been double pressing 'o' to get a list of extractions that work for you that raid?

Yeah been doing that.. :)

Done a great scav run just... Killed an actually player at the gas station got his loot which was pretty good, had a decent rifle and holographic scope, decent head gear and armour, then I set off to extract at Admin gate and needed to check the map to make sure I know where I'm going and as I dive into a Bush some guy was already in it and blasted my head off :p

So I lost all that nice gear..

But its so addictive I'm going again :)

Soldato
People.still recommend please ? After playing 30 mins of COD last night and not enjoying thought I'd try Tarkov seems to be about 30 quid discounted direct from publisher.

Is it ok to play solo ? And as a new player ?

Many thanks.

Soldato
People.still recommend please ? After playing 30 mins of COD last night and not enjoying thought I'd try Tarkov seems to be about 30 quid discounted direct from publisher.

Many thanks.

100% recommended here!! I've had it a few days now after being undecided for weeks about it... safe to say i love it, Although it will take a while to learn but i'm more than happy to put the hours into this game

Soldato
If anyone wants to help me understand this game over discord etc drop me a message.

I lost all my guns! No clue what I'm doing. I've reset my character now I have some basic understanding.

Just playing as a scav at the mo. Tried to do some tasks as a pmc, no hope.

Man of Honour

Many thanks.

Just a forewarning, its nothing at all like CoD, apologies if you already knew that, just being safe rather than sorry :D

Man of Honour
If anyone wants to help me understand this game over discord etc drop me a message.

I lost all my guns! No clue what I'm doing. I've reset my character now I have some basic understanding.

Playing as a scav is a good way to get a few pieces of gear, as long as you can manage to extract so that you can keep the loot. Remember when you do a Scav run, the NPCs are friendly toward you (unless you shoot one) , so you dont need to fight them and can safely walk by them. Try to pick up/buy some headphones (the ingame ones, not the ones you are wearing :D ) , they make a huge difference to how far away you can hear people moving about. Sound is a MAJOR factor in this game, literally everything you do makes noise, running, walking, turning, reloading, looking through bodies , looting items, opening bags, doors etc etc. If you can master the audio it makes a big difference to your success. Try to not run too much, makes a hell of a lot of noise, try to keep movement on quieter surfaces, like grass etc, rather than on loud gravel or rocks. Get sights on your guns asap, even just reflex dotscopes etc can vastly improve your survival. On PMC runs, remember to put the most valuable items you get, into your gamma container as you will keep hold of those even if you die. You get experience for identifying items, so its worth going to the traders at the start and just identifying everything they have for sale, good way to get a level or two straight away without even going into a map.

Theres WAY more to the game than that though, its got quite a surprising amount of depth, Ammo type and weapon modifying are basically games in themselves :D

Soldato

What sort of time do you play? I'm still in the early stages of learning this game but wouldn't mind joining in as a squad if your on when I am

Man of Honour
I've had a few good scav runs today and got a few good kills and loot, I've picked up some players Dog tags as i'm not sure if they're any use, So what do you all do? Leave them or pick them up?

You can barter the dog tags for some items on the traders, think its something like 2 dogtags for a bag, or a piece of armour or something. Cant remember off the top of my head :)

I keep all mine though, I have a few dogtag cases where I keep all the dogtags I collect. Sort of my virtual trophy hunter room lol

Soldato
What sort of time do you play? I'm still in the early stages of learning this game but wouldn't mind joining in as a squad if your on when I am
Evenings work. You on the unofficial discord? I'm skynet5.

I've had a couple of successful scav runs? But yet to kill a real player and get out lol.

Soldato
You can barter the dog tags for some items on the traders, think its something like 2 dogtags for a bag, or a piece of armour or something. Cant remember off the top of my head :)

I keep all mine though, I have a few dogtag cases where I keep all the dogtags I collect. Sort of my virtual trophy hunter room lol

Ahhh OK ill start picking them up when I come across them, I like your thinking though kind of rewarding to look back at every now and then

Evenings work. You on the unofficial discord? I'm skynet5.

I've had a couple of successful scav runs? But yet to kill a real player and get out lol.

I have Discord but don't really go on it.. I've managed to get some decent gear the last few scav runs, I spent a fair few minutes last night sorting out all my gear into sections

Soldato
Ahhh OK ill start picking them up when I come across them, I like your thinking though kind of rewarding to look back at every now and then

I have Discord but don't really go on it.. I've managed to get some decent gear the last few scav runs, I spent a fair few minutes last night sorting out all my gear into sections
I've yet to kill another player!

Back
Top Bottom