• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Im runing a 2070S, All i play these days are VR games ill be upgrading to a 3080t no mater what the price for max FPS on ultra detail being in VR and make £300+ selling the 2070s

More likely £200+ unless you sell before the 3000 series is out.

He won't be 'making' anything, unless he's selling it at a profit.

I'm always hearing things like 'a 2080Ti will only cost me £500 once I sell my 2070S'. No. It will cost you £500 plus the opportunity cost of the sale proceeds of the 2070S.

I get that people are trying to justify this stuff in their own minds to feel better about spooging £x hundred on a GPU, but people need to understand the concepts of disposal proceeds, total cost of ownership, and opportunity cost.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He won't be 'making' anything, unless he's selling it at a profit.

I'm always hearing things like 'a 2080Ti will only cost me £500 once I sell my 2070S'. No. It will cost you £500 plus the opportunity cost of the sale proceeds of the 2070S.

I get that people are trying to justify this stuff in their own minds to feel better about spooging £x hundred on a GPU, but people need to understand the concepts of disposal proceeds, total cost of ownership, and opportunity cost.
I was just talking to him in his own language :p

People obviously do that to make it easier to justify the cost.

Soldato
2080ti, 2080s, 2070s, 2060s all of them are out of stock ;)
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/

Now the question is this stock shortage due to the virus or is it due to the new 3000 series coming out very soon

Or could it be because everyone in the world is struck at home so they all been buying a new GPU to play games :D:D:D

Either way, it should mean new ones are coming sooner.

finger crossed.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
they are probably prioritising the supply of silicon to partners, hopefully they have stopped producing it now in preference for the next architecture

well with the gddr6 refresh incoming for a few cards maybe things are being pushed a bit further than any of us would like. oh well.

Caporegime
2080ti, 2080s, 2070s, 2060s all of them are out of stock ;)
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/

Now the question is this stock shortage due to the virus or is it due to the new 3000 series coming out very soon

Or could it be because everyone in the world is struck at home so they all been buying a new GPU to play games :D:D:D

Definitely because people are buying them.have been watching stock on certain sites and it's crazy. Well priced cards come into stock and all go in a matter of hours.

Gaming equipment (consoles, games, graphics cards) are selling like noones business . Its all anyone can do to keep themselves and their kids entertained at the moment!

Soldato
Gaming equipment (consoles, games, graphics cards) are selling like noones business . Its all anyone can do to keep themselves and their kids entertained at the moment!
I saw a site saying the same about TV's under 40" were selling like hot cakes during this lock down due to whole families being struck at home

Caporegime
I saw a site saying the same about TV's under 40" were selling like hot cakes during this lock down due to whole families being struck at home

Yup, stuff like this is selling like hotcakes right now.

I watched a load of well priced (not that great though!) Palit 2070's on one site go from at least 10 or more in stock down to none in a few hours the other day.

I think OCUK have said sales are like black friday at the moment...just without the discounts :eek:

Back
Top Bottom