Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
I'm about twenty hours in if anyone wants any info on the game.

I've just to got to the part:

Where you're in the sewers, after the confrontation with Don Corneo

I'm not attempting a 100% play-through this first time, but I'm not rushing either - absolutely a 10/10 for me (music, graphics, game-play, story) but how much of that can be attributed to nostalgia is unknown, since FFVII is my favourite game of all time. I'm looking forward to the reviews of this game from people who have either never played the original, or specifically disliked the original.

Thinking of booking tomorrow off as holiday.

Soldato
When is the game able to pre download for ps store orders?

Some are able to pre-download it now, others have the 6th and 8th. You can check in your order details when it's available for you, if it isn't already.

Early thoughts guys? No spoilers obviously.

Amazing

Is there anywhere I can order this from where it isn't £50?

Their all £50 give or take 20p

Soldato
Really happy to see all the positive comments.

I'm gutted I cancelled my physical pre-order as I'd be playing right now if I hadn't, but I'm really looking forward to playing the game. Being stuck at home due to the current situation has me going a tad stir crazy so it's nice to have something to look forward to however small.

Caporegime
I'm about twenty hours in if anyone wants any info on the game.

I've just to got to the part:

Where you're in the sewers, after the confrontation with Don Corneo

I'm not attempting a 100% play-through this first time, but I'm not rushing either - absolutely a 10/10 for me (music, graphics, game-play, story) but how much of that can be attributed to nostalgia is unknown, since FFVII is my favourite game of all time. I'm looking forward to the reviews of this game from people who have either never played the original, or specifically disliked the original.

Thinking of booking tomorrow off as holiday.

ill be interested to know your thoughts when you’re finished about the changes made.

This is a game ruining spoiler
I will be really interested to know players thoughts about the alternate universe stuff that I’ve read elsewhere.
This isn't actually a remake of Final Fantasy VII. That's the big twist.

More specifically, at the end of the game, it's implied the cast breaks the "fate" of the original storyline, meaning everything after Midgar doesn't have to be anything as it was when compared to the original game.

Soldato
ill be interested to know your thoughts when you’re finished about the changes made.

This is a game ruining spoiler
I will be really interested to know players thoughts about the alternate universe stuff that I’ve read elsewhere.
This isn't actually a remake of Final Fantasy VII. That's the big twist.

More specifically, at the end of the game, it's implied the cast breaks the "fate" of the original storyline, meaning everything after Midgar doesn't have to be anything as it was when compared to the original game.

I saw this unintentionally but it's not ruined anything for me tbh. I HATE with a passion anything to do with alternative time lines, time travel etc. I find it usually convolutes stories to the point I lose focus and interest. However, if it's been done so they can take the other two episodes their own way then I think I'd be ok with it.

Soldato
Holy mother of beeping beep. I'm on chapter 16 and there is a scene in this that blows everything out of the water. I've never seen something so good that has blown me away like this in a game. If this doesn't win game of the year then jeez.

Soldato
Think it's the 6th if it isn't already up.

The genius thing about the game is how much of the original stuff they've included, I never thought they would put a certain fight in, but they have and it's proper wet your pants with laughter mode and you will know which one when you get there.

mine just downloaded over night so guessing it was 6th 00:01 it was available for download.

It's now sitting taunting me with a countdown timer :p

Soldato
I'm happy to wait, this will drop in price so fast. That's just a bonus though, the real reason is I thought it would be a nice game to christen the PS% with assuming it's compatable which I'd be amazed if it isn't.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mine arrived earlier. Just waiting on a 45GB update :D

First time I have seen a 2 disc game on a PS4.

Edit, turns out that was the disc being installed. Lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom