Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Report it as clearly not aware of the rules.
Get a microwave out.
Launch something at it.
Go find and have a word. Ask for his registration details

What rules:confused: Have the CAA made any attempt to notify everyone that rules or even a licence are needed, do you get informed when you purchase a drone (like you used to with TVs)?

Ask for registration details:confused: Unless you are Johnny law on official business I know what I'd say to that.

You could launch something at it then you may risk endangering the public or damaging private property :p

During this current situation doubtful anything will even be looked into unless someone gets injured.

Soldato
Even though drones are generally small, launching any sort of "projectile" at one to knock it out of the air is actually a crime.

It also greatly depends on the drone in question if its sub 250g, its considered a toy under current regulations so doesn't require registration and as the CAA have done nothing to notify people of the "drone code" I doubt they would even be aware of the flight restrictions.

Caporegime
Even though drones are generally small, launching any sort of "projectile" at one to knock it out of the air is actually a crime.

It also greatly depends on the drone in question if its sub 250g, its considered a toy under current regulations so doesn't require registration and as the CAA have done nothing to notify people of the "drone code" I doubt they would even be aware of the flight restrictions.

Also doesn't help when certain drones packaging make it appear you can use them anywhere. The parrot anafi for example:

Z2i2ZK0.jpg

Soldato
The anafi came out a few years ago before regulations were even a twinkle in the eyes of the CAA, wonder if they have updated the packaging since then?

Still I doubt the police would do anything at the moment anyway, they have bigger problems to think about. Noisy drones are unlikely to even be on their naughty list.

Soldato
Thanks for all the ideas guys. I shall have a think. Maybe it wasn’t hours but it felt like it. That noise is so annoying!
Maybe look at it from the other perspective - everyone is stuck at home bored with very little to do. It's hardly going to be as loud as your neighbours mowing their lawn, strimming or doing some DIY.

Associate
has anyone had any luck finding spare batteries for the mavic mini. I bought just the regular bundle not the fly more combo I would like just one more battery but they seem out of stock pretty much everywhere and those in ebay are overinflated due to the lack of stock

Associate
guess my question was really is this a constant with the mini I've searched a few forums and the batteries always seemed out of stock even when this covid 19 issue wasnt happening

Soldato
They were hard to get over the xmas period, made worse by covid-19 and the chinese new year. Many people have just gone out and bought a mavic mini again with fly more combo and then sold the drone on.

Associate
the Anafi is a quality piece of kit. looks like a toy but is the best piece of kit (Work wise 3d modeling) I have owned in 9 years of drone flying.

anything higher than 20m and you're not going to hear one of these very quiet, it was actually a spin-off of a military contract drone I believe.

Z2i2ZK0.jpg [/QUOTE]

Associate
Been able to get a fair amount of flying done, all launched from my garden so kinda geofenced by range!
Got me a little video of how the motorway near by looks during this outbreak. It's normally bumper to bumper :eek:

Soldato
Why hold it, I launch mine from my desk and fly it out the window (flying a tinywhoop or toothpick FPV)

It's ideal as I can do an inverted dive down the side of the building which is a 20-30ft drop to the ground :)

Caporegime
the Anafi is a quality piece of kit. looks like a toy but is the best piece of kit (Work wise 3d modeling) I have owned in 9 years of drone flying.

anything higher than 20m and you're not going to hear one of these very quiet, it was actually a spin-off of a military contract drone I believe.

I have one, much quieter than the mavic as you said. The hand launch\hand land makes it a bit more convenient in some places :)

Permabanned
Don't think I ever posted my videos in this thread... I'm quite happy with them for my lack of skill and knowledge.

I bought the drones with the hope of starting to produce some cool stuff for work, bought just before the trip in the first video, took with me to learn & hadn't really used much previously, apart from a failed attempt with racing drone. So I had to learn quickly how to fly it and then edit everything together... thankfully some apps make the last part really rather easy:

Back
Top Bottom