What to buy and where PS4 Pro?

Associate
My daughter wants to buy a PS4 pro so she can game with her friends, they seem to be a bit thin on the ground. Anyone know where she can buy one online and which games are worth getting?

Thanks

Soldato
What games is she playing, won't a normal PS4 do?

Why not get her what she wants? It's a better console than the none pro.

I buy games from places like shopto and the game collection.

Games worth getting,

God of war (maybe for yourself more than her)
Uncharted 4
Horizon zero dawn
Crash bandicoot racing
Rocket league
Overcooked 2
Dragon quest builders 2 (has me hooked)

There are lots of games to choose. Maybe consider the PlayStation now trial when you get console as it includes a lot.

Also get PlayStation plus subscription deals on hotukdeals or similar.

Soldato
Why not get her what she wants? It's a better console than the none pro.

It doesn't make sense if they have a 1080p TV and playing games such as Overcooked 2 or Trine, does it? Unless they want to wait for weeks.

Normal PS4's are easier to get hold of right now compared to the PS4 Pro which has had stock issues before the lockdown.

Soldato
It doesn't make sense if they have a 1080p TV and playing games such as Overcooked 2 or Trine, does it? Unless they want to wait for weeks.

Normal PS4's are easier to get hold of right now compared to the PS4 Pro which has had stock issues before the lockdown.

A number of games were running at 720p but got 1080p native on the PS4 Pro.

I'm not saying its vital but I know I'd rather have the pro.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-is-evolving-into-a-great-1080p-games-machine

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies, I think she has ordered a pro from shopto, not sure what package she went for. I know she wants GTA V, and maybe rainbow six siege.

Game store prices are way off. She wanted pro as she has a 4k TV.

I think she is hoping to get it before the weekend, tip for PS NOW trial is appreciated, as it will give her a chance to see what else there is.

She does want PS PLUS, looks like it's £50/year, are there ever any offers?

Soldato
Detroit: Become Human was available for £10 on the PSN store earlier along with a free copy of Heavy Rain.

I'd say that's a pretty good deal if she's into those sorts of games.

Soldato
Thanks for all the replies, I think she has ordered a pro from shopto, not sure what package she went for. I know she wants GTA V, and maybe rainbow six siege.

I think she is hoping to get it before the weekend, tip for PS NOW trial is appreciated, as it will give her a chance to see what else there is.

I'm a bit confused, ShopTo lists them for £350 and are sold out (haven been for a while). Game has a Pro with CoD here for the same price that's in stock.

Soldato

I got a year for 25 quid. Offers come up regular.

Soldato
I think I managed to strike lucky getting my Pro mid March in preparation for the FFVII Remake release (early birthday present) as it was £299 from The Game Collection.

I was a bit apprehensive at first as personally I'd never heard of them but it arrived in good time so will bear them in mind in the future.

Soldato
I think I managed to strike lucky getting my Pro mid March in preparation for the FFVII Remake release (early birthday present) as it was £299 from The Game Collection.

I was a bit apprehensive at first as personally I'd never heard of them but it arrived in good time so will bear them in mind in the future.

They were £260 with multiple games at Christmas. There's rumours that stock is short due to the PS5 coming and the Pro's no longer being made in as many numbers. I've borrowed my brothers just to play FF7R and will just wait for PS5 tbh.

Soldato
They were £260 with multiple games at Christmas. There's rumours that stock is short due to the PS5 coming and the Pro's no longer being made in as many numbers. I've borrowed my brothers just to play FF7R and will just wait for PS5 tbh.

Oh wow, didn't realise they got that cheap, not sure if the white one makes a difference as that is the one I went for?

Back
Top Bottom