What liquid is leaking from underneath my car? Ford Fusion Hybrid 2014

Associate
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could advise on what liquid is leaking from underneath my vehicle.
I noticed a small pool of liquid a few days ago on my garage floor underneath where my car had been parked. So I put a metal tray with paper towel underneath to try and identify what it could be.

The leak is coming from just inside the rear drivers side wheel (I'm in the US so left hand side drive). I've attached a photo of underneath the car and another of the clear-ish liquid on the paper towel.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Picture of underneath car just inside rear driver side wheel 2awzPSR.jpg )

Kitchen towel with liquid residue UQo5Hh0.jpg )

Man of Honour
Looks like condensation draining out, anything else would have more of a colour to it on white kitchen roll I would have thought or you'd smell it if it was petrol.

Soldato
Is that underneath the fuel filler? Any chance you overfilled with diesel, or ad blue? They usually have a little drain hole under the flap.

If not, I'd guess shock absorber.

Associate
That is where the rear lower spring cup is the damper is over a towards rear just out of shot. If a damper is leaking it will be a doddle to spot by looking underneath. Use a phone to video it with the light on.

Back
Top Bottom