Software to manage workflow with a super ultra-wide monitor?

fiveub's Slave
Associate
Hey,

I've got a 49" monitor which is great for my workflow 9/10 but one thing I'm struggling to do is full screen a video but be able to use the rest of my screen workable? It seems I either have to watch the video in a little screen whilst having full use of my screen or just watch the video only.

Does anyone know of any software which will let me treat my 1 screen as separate ones to the point it'll let me maximise a video in the one portion?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Soldato
mphc(and vlc?) both let you specify scaling of the video with respect to its resolution and then fit its window border to the picture,
but for videos in browsers like utube, I think you have to put video in a standalone window, and use a macro on desktop management software to relocate and re-size it.

when videos are in genuine full screen, they usually employs a different more efficient API to render it exclusively, mpc would set the correct refresh rate too.

fiveub's Slave
Associate
OP
mphc(and vlc?) both let you specify scaling of the video with respect to its resolution and then fit its window border to the picture,
but for videos in browsers like utube, I think you have to put video in a standalone window, and use a macro on desktop management software to relocate and re-size it.

when videos are in genuine full screen, they usually employs a different more efficient API to render it exclusively, mpc would set the correct refresh rate too.

It's basically for an online course I want to watch, so it's all browser driven and the video doesnt get bigger as I make the window bigger so the only way to make it bigger is full screen but I want to be able to use the other half of my screen for work/note taking.

I use free software
Acer grid vista you can split screen in 2,3 or 4
Not tried with videos though I use it for browsers usually
But it's free so nothing to lose trying it

Cheers, I'll try this but by the looks of it it wont fix my issue with fullscreening a video on the web.

Could try fancyzones from MS Powertoys

This is what I currently use and it doesn't let me do it. I like this software for most things though, it's just a little annoying as sometimes it stops my number keys stop working and the only way to make them work again is by closing powertools. :/

Soldato
changing font size in browser ie ctrl+/- doesn't impact the video pane size ?; windows 10 has better support for extended monitors with different ppis, not sure if browser/firefox has a user accessible ppi parameter, to con it.
if it's a video, vs slides, try an html5 stream grabber, to get its 'url', and save the video locally
running an emulator, would be overkill.

Back
Top Bottom