beep test with configurable distance

Associate
The standard beep test is for runs between points set 20 metres apart. I'd like to do something similar in my garden during this isolation period but my garden isn't that long.
Is there an app/program that allows you to set a distance and have it revise the beep timings accordingly?

Soldato
Why not set it to run as is? It will start off very slow (as it should) but will still increase to an intensity that is likely far too challenging anyway if you're not used to it.

Associate
OP
thank you for all the suggestions. gosh I'm unfit! I'm doing the 15m beep test from spotify over a distance of 11m, on bumpy garden lawn. much easier than it should be and yet I can manage just 5 minutes :( oh well, gotta start somewhere

Soldato
thank you for all the suggestions. gosh I'm unfit! I'm doing the 15m beep test from spotify over a distance of 11m, on bumpy garden lawn. much easier than it should be and yet I can manage just 5 minutes :( oh well, gotta start somewhere
Absolutely - you've started and that's truly the toughest bit. The only way is upwards (or rather, back and forth a little bit faster each time!)

Caporegime
a lot is also mental, so just repeating the test helps you condition how much it will suck.

These things are a test and it doesn't help you much to keel doing them. As long as you can go outside you are better off running or cycling

Associate
OP
2 weeks on and I can now manage another level, that's 6m 5s of the beep test. Nice to have achieved something tangible

Back
Top Bottom