Why do my mobos burn a fuse?

Associate
Hello

Two cards have recently failed me. And I don't understand why it didn't happen to me before.
The only difference is that I moved home two months ago but I think it has nothing to do with it.
Before touching them I touch metal with my hands to get rid of the static. Here now I touch an aluminum staircase.
I have rubber soled shoes but I don't think it matters.
I leave the cards anywhere, but I've always done this.
What can it be?
Thank you very much and best regards

Associate
OP
Sorry, I meant to say two motherboards. One is Asus and the other Acer. A photo will be no use: they look like new but they just do not function an ymore. I was just thinking it could be the power supply: at the moment I am using a Hama charger with a gadget that allows you to choose the right voltage. I bought it used not long ago and maybe that is the reason: maybe it is bad quality and I get shocks into the mobo.

Associate
OP
Hama 00012120. It's German made in China. But then, could it be the charger, when all it happens is that I do not get any video on display. The fan and the little light (leds) do work

Associate
OP
No, buddy.
I have 4 defective moboes now. I have a rework station. The moboes are from notebooks and usually work but they do not show anything on screen. I am hoping I can get one good one out of the 4. The rework station I bought a few days ago and I have to get the hang of it. From now on, I shall be using latex gloves to be on the safe side and I exchanged the charger for a LITEON one.

Back
Top Bottom