Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
Oh god, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Thrustmaster Tx Leather.. Especially with a Rift S in its way.

It's the 8th corner I'm struggling with, either slow down too much or overcook it.

Associate
I find the Lotus doesn't give much feedback when it starts to slide. As mentioned previously, a poor exit out of turn 1 and you lose buckets of time all the way to right hander at turn 4. I managed a 1.56.1 in the Alpha, not too bad for an old fart like me :) (will be half a century old later this year :()

Associate
Hi, bit late to the party but i'm looking to do more sim racing after seeing all the F1 stars having a go.
Edit: Forum name now synced with game, Thanks Uncle Petey:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know where to get Assetto Corsa Competizione at a decent price, a lot of the usual online places I looked at were out of stock and I'm not sure I'll like it enough to pay the steam price.

Having just got a PC after many years I fancy getting back into some racing :)

Associate
Anyone know where to get Assetto Corsa Competizione at a decent price, a lot of the usual online places I looked at were out of stock and I'm not sure I'll like it enough to pay the steam price.

Having just got a PC after many years I fancy getting back into some racing :)

Is it ACC you are looking for , or the original AC?

Associate
ACC, I have AC on steam but not played it for years as I’ve not had a pc.

Not sure, I haven't seen any decent deals on it.

I have just been playing AC, and trying to compete with some of the times on this thread - why not give that a go?

I am totally new to Sim racing, so just finding my feet :)

Associate
Joined to check my forum name synced with the in-game name, all good. Improved my 155 time whilst i was there using the tips on the last few pages.
All set for the next challenge:)

Associate
I'm just about hanging onto top spot in the Alfa. I had a slightly better run but messed up the final three turns, the Alfa is a slippery beast!
Edit: Spoke to soon, well done Greboth, I ain't going to beat that time as I'm off to bed soon

Soldato
Why you go for that particular wheel - just curious myself? :)

Spent a fair bit of time looking into it. I used to own a G920, which was a nice wheel but I just didn't really get on with it, I found it too stiff to flick the wheel round trying to catch a slide or attempt a drift and a few little things I just didn't like. Not only that, the gear shifter was a bit of a joke, it felt like a toy, which is a shame as the build quality of the rest of the wheel was pretty nice. Ended up selling the G920, but always missed having a wheel.

Doing the research on wheels, the TX Leather stood out to me from the start at its price point, it's belt driven unlike the gear driven G920. The cheaper model Thrustmaster wheels come with poorer pedals (no clutch) and tacky Ferrari wheels mostly. Just seems like a overall sweet spot, it does get a little pricey once you add the gear shifter too, but from reviews and Youtube videos I've seen it does seem worth it. I think I will look into adding a load cell to the brake pedal eventually but hopefully this setup will do me well.

Associate
Spent a fair bit of time looking into it. I used to own a G920, which was a nice wheel but I just didn't really get on with it, I found it too stiff to flick the wheel round trying to catch a slide or attempt a drift and a few little things I just didn't like. Not only that, the gear shifter was a bit of a joke, it felt like a toy, which is a shame as the build quality of the rest of the wheel was pretty nice. Ended up selling the G920, but always missed having a wheel.

Doing the research on wheels, the TX Leather stood out to me from the start at its price point, it's belt driven unlike the gear driven G920. The cheaper model Thrustmaster wheels come with poorer pedals (no clutch) and tacky Ferrari wheels mostly. Just seems like a overall sweet spot, it does get a little pricey once you add the gear shifter too, but from reviews and Youtube videos I've seen it does seem worth it. I think I will look into adding a load cell to the brake pedal eventually but hopefully this setup will do me well.

Cool, makes sense to me and sounds very good logic :)

Back
Top Bottom