Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
ebay is your best bet - i'm selling all mine on there and going for silly money.

a pair of my dumbells went for £220 2-3 days ago.

i think i paid around £500 for my full set which now has a street value of around £4K-£5K

Managed to get something together between Bulldoggear, Rogue and eBay... They've all been pretty good with deliveries.

Word of warning for anyone using fitness superstore. Their stock isnt updated correctly on their website. If you look on their social media or Trust Pilot they have a lot of complaints. Understandably they must be busy but should do what a lot of companies are doing and simply disable new orders. A lot of their recent 5* reviews are from people supposedly going in to their store even though their stores are closed.

Soldato
Has anyone done gym cable replacement have ordered up these, for replacing pull cable in a rowing machine, cable outer has become cracked in places, so the machine is noisy.

main concerns are:
- cutting the cable cleanly - have some cc38 cutters but only specced for aluminium/copper
- whether the terminations will take the force, versus, more expensive swaged option.

49728103301_2417dee32c_o_d.jpg

Soldato
Word of warning for anyone using fitness superstore. Their stock isnt updated correctly on their website. If you look on their social media or Trust Pilot they have a lot of complaints. Understandably they must be busy but should do what a lot of companies are doing and simply disable new orders. A lot of their recent 5* reviews are from people supposedly going in to their store even though their stores are closed.

Oh, as a precaution I've just sent them a message as I placed an order 3 days ago, not expecting it for a couple of weeks yet but id just like confirmation they can actually deliver it.

I've managed to put a couple of new bits together from eBay and amazon and got a new bar on backorder but also sold my spare standard weights as I hopefully wont need them soon (although working constantly I'm not getting much chance to use it anyway)

dod

dod

Soldato
before all this madness started does anyone have a rough idea what the price of new 20kg plates was roughly? Just standard iron, nothing fancy. Thanks :)

Man of Honour
before all this madness started does anyone have a rough idea what the price of new 20kg plates was roughly? Just standard iron, nothing fancy. Thanks :)

I just had a look at my receipt and a set of 25kg plates from powerhouse were £79 delivered. Not sure how much cheaper the 20s are (I have em but they were in a bigger package) but I would guess £60 or something

Associate

Normally prices i have seen in the past is roughly £1.50 per kg for 1" and £2 per kg for 2". Thats obviously for the cheapest brands but its the prices I normally pay. I see on some seller sites people asking for almost £5 a kg at the minute which is ridiculous

Associate
After scouring the internet and seeing the prices of everything home gym related and the fact everywhere is sold out means one thing.

There's going to be some cracking second hand deals when this is all over and people need the space again :p

dod

dod

Soldato
Normally prices i have seen in the past is roughly £1.50 per kg for 1" and £2 per kg for 2". Thats obviously for the cheapest brands but its the prices I normally pay. I see on some seller sites people asking for almost £5 a kg at the minute which is ridiculous

£5 is about the best I can find at the moment :(

After scouring the internet and seeing the prices of everything home gym related and the fact everywhere is sold out means one thing.

There's going to be some cracking second hand deals when this is all over and people need the space again :p
When's it going to finish though? :( I've got resistance bands at the moment which are surprisingly versatile but not the same.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What do people use in their home gyms to stop condensation on the cold gym equipment? I found this to be a big problem in my log cabin gym last time I had equipment in there. The steel plates were the worse, they would be so cold that air would condense on them forming water beads and eventually rust.

My current thinking is to cover some of the smaller equipment with a towel to prevent air hitting the cold metal. My other thought is to have an electric oil radiator keeping the inside of the log cabin at certain temperature which should in turn keep the equipment from getting mega cold.

Man of Honour
My gym is in a pertty cold garage but doesn't suffer from condensation. May be because there is a good draft underneath the garage door!

Back
Top Bottom