LG c9 OLED

Associate
So Richersounds has offered me a trade in price due to my defective C7 having a green haze in the centre of the screen.

They will collect my C7 and deliver me a C9 for 65C9 - £890. However, I am worried that I will see the same issue as my C7 in the OLED thread.

Is the C9 a worthy upgrade from the C7?

Soldato
Not really not £800 better anyway.. Tbh I would be chasing up some legal advise on why a ruddy great green blob on your tv screen is not considered a fault.

Associate
Not really not £800 better anyway.. Tbh I would be chasing up some legal advise on why a ruddy great green blob on your tv screen is not considered a fault.
Thanks buddy. RS has also offered to replace the panel for free via LG but provided discounted upgrade/trade-in offers as goodwill.

I'm probably better off just having them replace the panel rather than upgrade and replaced again if it goes in another two years considering I paid £2350 for this back in 2018. I've also read that the problem will return at the 2 year mark.

Associate
Yes mate get it fixed and wait a couple more generations. I went from a B6 to C9 and other than the size upgrade picture wise not really much in it tbh..
Thanks buddy. I’ve asked whether they’ll give me the C9 for a trade in price of £250 Rather than £890 but I suspect they’ll say no so I’ll just have them fix it in that case.

Caporegime
Almost? What are the differences you’ve noticed? Thanks

C9 has a slightly better processor which makes menus and app loading a bit snappier.

There are anecdotal reports that the C models have a higher peak brightness on average and can upscale SD content a bit better. Also the image apparently looks better right out of the box but that can be levelled out with calibration/changing settings.

Permabanned
Almost? What are the differences you’ve noticed? Thanks

I dont have it yet, hopefully delivery this week. Just going on reviews. :)

C9 has a slightly better processor which makes menus and app loading a bit snappier.

There are anecdotal reports that the C models have a higher peak brightness on average and can upscale SD content a bit better. Also the image apparently looks better right out of the box but that can be levelled out with calibration/changing settings.

Yeah mostly the above from what I have gathered.

Should be a nice upgrade from a 6 year old 48" Samsung LED anyway.

Soldato
So my c9 arrived today and it has a couple of dead pixels in the bottom right hand corner. Does anybody know what richer sounds are like for replacing tvs with dead pixels? I suppose it's within 2 weeks so I shouldn't have any issues swapping the TV should I?

Soldato
Soldato
So Richersounds has offered me a trade in price due to my defective C7 having a green haze in the centre of the screen.

They will collect my C7 and deliver me a C9 for 65C9 - £890. However, I am worried that I will see the same issue as my C7 in the OLED thread.

Is the C9 a worthy upgrade from the C7?

They should be offering you a C9 replacement for free. You have a defective TV.

Associate
They should be offering you a C9 replacement for free. You have a defective TV.
I would like that to be the case. However, the've offered to replace the panel under warranty on my C7. They normally only offer upgrades if they cannot source the replacement panels from LG - waiting on confirmation whether they can source the panel or not but there's a delay due to the virus.

Associate
My C9 arrived today. Box was a bit scuffed but the TV was untouched, and the set is absolutely flawless. It was a pain to put together initially until I got over the fear of grabbing it properly, as it’s an impossibly thin screen. Despite the razor sharp profile, however, it’s incredibly rigid. This TV blows my SM9000PLA out of the water, no question about it. The missus wasn’t sure and she even gave me flack for buying it when we already had a perfectly good one, but I think after watching Interstellar in 4K HDR on it tonight she was sold. Plan is to use the LCD for gaming and YouTube etc and use the oled for movies and shows.

For me, there’s no question, oled is currently too good for dark room viewing. Blew my other non-oled TV out of the water. The difference was like going from HDD to SSD or 60hz to 120hz+...

Back
Top Bottom