• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Crytek praises the PS5, says in their experience with both machines the PS5 is much easier to develop for and easy to get maximum performance. They go on to say the Xbox is a bit harder to get the full power out of it with a more complicated architecture like having different types of RAM and bandwidths as well as Crytek saying the PS5's Operating system software is easier to work with than the Xbox and that the PS5 is the easiest console they've ever had to develop for.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/06/ps5-better-console-says-crytek-engineer-simpler-develop-12515761/

Soldato
Crytek praises the PS5, says in their experience with both machines the PS5 is much easier to develop for and easy to get maximum performance. They go on to say the Xbox is a bit harder to get the full power out of it with a more complicated architecture like having different types of RAM and bandwidths as well as Crytek saying the PS5's Operating system software is easier to work with than the Xbox and that the PS5 is the easiest console they've ever had to develop for.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/06/ps5-better-console-says-crytek-engineer-simpler-develop-12515761/

But it wasn't Crytek was it :rolleyes: only an engineer who works for them and he has since deleted the 'story'

The interview and translation on Twitter have since been deleted, but Wccftech were able to report on it beforehand. It’s unclear why this has happened, and man4dead has stated that Salehi has chosen not to confirm the information in the interview.

Perhaps you should read the whole article next time :p

Caporegime
OP
Isn’t the Xbox OS based on Windows? Can’t be that complicated surely especially for developers with PC experience.

Yeah but the way that fella was going on, you'd think Xbox had the whole Windows OS running. It only has "Game Core" or something which is an efficient, stripped down version. Set to get even more streamlined for the Xbox Series X.

Soldato
To me the new Xbox seems utterly bereft of any innovation/uniqueness to make people want to upgrade and/or give them a reason to choose it over a PS5?

I agree, we don't know much about PS5 yet but I think there will be more Sony exclusives that I want to play over the next couple of years.

Halo probably the only Xbox title I would really miss.

Hoping more games are announced nearer to launch.

Soldato
Has to be fable. My favourite Xbox games ever.

Will the new one be any good without Lionhead is a massive question. Microsoft closed them down.

Peter Molyneux was meant to be so far up his own chuff bit like an early Cliff Belinski. I remember reading a quote from one of his team he said “We work as a team but remember I get all the credit”. No idea if it’s true. There has been rumours that the development of Fable Legends was cancelled but assets have been used to create Fable 4. Hope it is as Fable was great.....

We shall see......

Soldato
He created some amazing games back in the 90s but I can't think of anything this decade worth playing. Even fable was a bit meh imo next to things like the elder Scrolls series.
Blasphemy!!!!!

Fable is certainly not a console seller but you can just shut your mouth :p

Fable was all about freedom and choice. It was a master class in world building.

A small side quest could have major effects on the local towns.

The STD's were annoying tho!!!!

Soldato
If MS comes out swinging soon with both Fable and Halo gameplay footage, it really would put the Sony marketing department on the ropes.

No love for Perfect Dark? ;)

Fable is practically confirmed. Lots of hinting about "an open-world RPG" combined with leaks and people accidentally confirming its existence. It's being made by Playground Games (Forza Horizon).

Perfect Dark is rumoured to be the mentioned reboot, with The Initiative reimagining the franchise. Speculation is that it's set to be a third-person stealth game.

I'll be surprised if there isn't a new Forza to show off as well. Plus, more info on Halo Infinite, Everwild, CrossfireX, Senua's Saga, Microsoft Flight etc.

The icing on the cake would be a new Banjo. Double Fine need a project for after they finish Pyschonauts 2, and they seem like a good choice to take over from Rare.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been a while since we've had a Forza Motorsport game so I'd guess there's a good chance that'll be a launch title.

Likewise Halo Infinite has been in development for what feels like forever so I'm assuming that's been completed and held back for the launch of the series X.

Soldato
It's been a while since we've had a Forza Motorsport game so I'd guess there's a good chance that'll be a launch title.

Likewise Halo Infinite has been in development for what feels like forever so I'm assuming that's been completed and held back for the launch of the series X.

To me it's time to take a chance. I don't want to see another Forza or halo. Fable would be good as it's been so long.
I get they need a big Microsoft title to sell it but in reality these franchises are long in the tooth. Ie lack of original and creative inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom