• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A few bent pins on the 3700x

Associate
Something strange has happened. I got a refund for the seller but they haven't requested the part back...
I was surprised so queried it with ebay. They said if the seller doesn't get it touch within a week, I should keep/dispose of the part.
Whole thing is gettering weirder.
That's weird... Maybe you can try fix it anyway :D

Associate
Something strange has happened. I got a refund for the seller but they haven't requested the part back...
I was surprised so queried it with ebay. They said if the seller doesn't get it touch within a week, I should keep/dispose of the part.

Probably an active forum member following this thread.. :D :p

Man of Honour
Do they sell many computer parts? I think some sellers just buy lots of returned stuff at auction and maybe they took a quick peek in the box and didn't even realise it was broken.

Associate
OP
Only one memory slot works. :(

So, with only mild persuasion I got the processor into the socket. No real issues there, any pin that remained slightly out of line was forced straight.
After that very first boot (leading to the screenshot above) I moved the main memory stick to slot A2, and then booted - fine.
Then I added a second to slot B2, and it doesn't POST. The DRAM light on the B450A comes on.

Tried both sticks in slot A2 - gets to the BIOS fine. Tried to reseat with the two stick configuration - no dice.

At this point i don't know what to do.
I could pick up a single stick of HyperX FURY 16GB (HX432C16FB3/16) but the graphs that Gerardfraser produced in another thread (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...crificing-dual-channel-memory.18878499/page-2)

All is not lost and single channel is not that bad.I only play PC games and have tested some single channel/dual channel with non tuned memory timings.With tuned memory timings the results would be even better for single channel.
are worrying me.

Tell me what to do!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom