Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I find a No1 is too short and No2 is too long.

I managed to find a No1.5 for my Wahl clippers and it’s all I’ve used for at least the last 10yrs. A few places sell a purple/pink No1.5 adaptor but it is awful, it constantly falls off mid cut and you risk getting a No 0!

Soldato
Yep, and the prices have gone up accordingly. Amazon are OOO for loads of sets and just expensive marketplace sellers gouging. Just has a look on eBay for the set I just bought for £30 direct from Remington, £80 on the bay :eek:.

I've been looking for some clippers, most places are running low on stock and places like Argos don't have any of them available for home delivery to my address, or they have such a long wait time. I was due my haircut on the Thursday of week of lockdown, usually I go every 5 weeks so it ended up being bad timing. I was holding out hope they might be able to re-open but with the way things are looking, I'll have to just get some clippers and wait for delivery :(.

Soldato
Some new games to keep me going for a bit. Already fallen out over Battleship for apparently being a bad winner by showboating. :D

csoboHth.jpg

We bought the ticket to ride Europe version after playing the US version at our friends a few weeks before lockdown. It's a very good game actually!

I'm on the lookout for a few more board games, we host a dinner/game night probably once a month with another couple, so 20's/30's. I think we're probably more after strategy type games rather than fantasy/story games.

We've so far played/acquired: Ticket to ride US/Europe, Cluedo, Game Of Life, and looking to acquire Go For Broke and Payday as we remember those from our childhoods as being great games.

Soldato
We bought the ticket to ride Europe version after playing the US version at our friends a few weeks before lockdown. It's a very good game actually!

I'm on the lookout for a few more board games, we host a dinner/game night probably once a month with another couple, so 20's/30's. I think we're probably more after strategy type games rather than fantasy/story games.

We've so far played/acquired: Ticket to ride US/Europe, Cluedo, Game Of Life, and looking to acquire Go For Broke and Payday as we remember those from our childhoods as being great games.

Look at adding Azul, good fun and easy to teach.

Man of Honour
In my never ending quest for the right keyboard I just got a Realforce 88U with 45 gram Topre switches. It looks old fashioned and doesn't have any backlighting, which is why I went for the lighter version. It doesn't even have a caps lock light. It looks very old fashioned compared to some of the keyboards I have such as the Microsoft Surface keyboard. But I like that old skool look. It's also the most expensive keyboard I have every bought. It only arrived this morning so it's early days and it feels odd using a TKL when I'm used to a full sized keyboard (but realistically I rarely need the extra keys and the full size in UK ISO layout has been out of stock for some time). There is an (expensive) separate matching USB keypad available if I ever need it.

Apart from the feel of the keys and the light colour, one of the things I really love about keyboards like this is the separate groups of function keys and navigation key clusters (arrows, home, end, etc). As a programmer I hated having to look down at the chiclet keyboard to find a specific function key in the IDE (e.g. hit F10 instead of F11 or F9 by mistake), or look down to find the home, end, page up/down, etc. This is much better with really good key feel and easy to find the function keys and navigation keys.

But so far I can see what the fuss is about with Topre. It's lovely to type on. It is obviously a little noisier than the MS Surface chiclet keyboard but a lot quieter than my Razer mechanical with blue switches. Hopefully I can now consign both to the spares drawer and use this as my one keyboard for productivity and gaming. Happy so far. No regrets at this point.

UJLWvmR.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

We tend to go for co-op games usually as the missus is not that competitive. Pandemic is one we've played a lot which involves quite a bit of strategy to win. We've only beaten it on the easier levels so far! Fitting for the current situation as well. :)

Caporegime
In my never ending quest for the right keyboard I just got a Realforce 88U with 45 gram Topre switches. It looks old fashioned and doesn't have any backlighting, which is why I went for the lighter version. It doesn't even have a caps lock light. It looks very old fashioned compared to some of the keyboards I have such as the Microsoft Surface keyboard. But I like that old skool look. It's also the most expensive keyboard I have every bought. It only arrived this morning so it's early days and it feels odd using a TKL when I'm used to a full sized keyboard (but realistically I rarely need the extra keys and the full size in UK ISO layout has been out of stock for some time). There is an (expensive) separate matching USB keypad available if I ever need it.

Apart from the feel of the keys and the light colour, one of the things I really love about keyboards like this is the separate groups of function keys and navigation key clusters (arrows, home, end, etc). As a programmer I hated having to look down at the chiclet keyboard to find a specific function key in the IDE (e.g. hit F10 instead of F11 or F9 by mistake), or look down to find the home, end, page up/down, etc. This is much better with really good key feel and easy to find the function keys and navigation keys.

But so far I can see what the fuss is about with Topre. It's lovely to type on. It is obviously a little noisier than the MS Surface chiclet keyboard but a lot quieter than my Razer mechanical with blue switches. Hopefully I can now consign both to the spares drawer and use this as my one keyboard for productivity and gaming. Happy so far. No regrets at this point.

UJLWvmR.jpg
Lovely retro look about that. Reminds me of the keyboards I had in school when they got their first batch of new 486’s in.

Associate

UJLWvmR.jpg

looks fun

Soldato

You should look Barenpark, Just One, Teotihuacan, Grimm Masquerade,
and buy Azul

Man of Honour
Lovely retro look about that. Reminds me of the keyboards I had in school when they got their first batch of new 486’s in.

Beige keyboard though.....

Yes, a beige retro look. The US ANSI versions have some darker grey/beige grey keys on the enter, navigation, function keys, etc, reminiscent of the old IBM Model M keyboards. But unfortunately the UK ISO versions don't (they are probably too small a run to make that cost effective as they appear to be a limited edition commisioned by one UK company from Topre in Japan). It's more white/cream than beige although I probably would have preferred a crisper white if it were available. The alternative was black but the grey lettering on black keys without backlighting is hard to see. So white/beige made more sense. Most of the rest of my PC matches it anyway (whites, silvers, greys and little black).

The point of this keyboard is the typing experience rather than the looks. Not everyone enjoys them but Topre switches have a lovely feel and many people rave about them (this is my first experience with them). They are actually closer to a rubber dome than mechanical but are silky smooth.

But I agree it's probably not to everyone's taste.

Soldato
Look at adding Azul, good fun and easy to teach.

We tend to go for co-op games usually as the missus is not that competitive. Pandemic is one we've played a lot which involves quite a bit of strategy to win. We've only beaten it on the easier levels so far! Fitting for the current situation as well. :)

You should look Barenpark, Just One, Teotihuacan, Grimm Masquerade,
and buy Azul

Thanks all, will have a look through the recommendations!

Soldato
haha nice! I am not sure what to play first, eventual goal is Alyx but might be a bit much if I am not really used to it. :D

It's a true game changer for me, non VR games now feel quite flat and lifeless. So maybe go for FF7 first, otherwise you may end up not playing it! I bought RDR2 a few days before getting the Rift S, and I haven't been back on RDR2 since.

I bought my Rift S simply after seeing Boneworks - which I then found out was touted as the beginnings of Alyx, but didn't work out that way eventually.

Therefore my first VR gaming experience was a very much movement-based game! It was tough at first - took me a few weeks to get used to it. Frequent breaks, drinking plenty of water, and just knowing when to not push through, as you just can't.

I got a very, very strange visual and physical disconnected feeling for a while after stopping playing - like my hands were still in the VR world? Very odd. Totally gone now.

V F

V F

Soldato
5.11 Rush 72 for when the world ends.:cool:

efmlAVN.jpg

SnzOrBe.jpg

Never, would I have recognised this if it wasn't for Division 2.

UJLWvmR.jpg

I'm having visions of Commodore C64. Where's the tape drive? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom