Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
If I want the free roaming parts, chocobo stuff, fight weapons etc do I need to wait till the next (or all parts are released)? Haven't read much about this but the nostalgia factor is strong!

How many hours could I realistically expect from just part 1 and can someone mentioned where in the story it ends?

rp2000

Part one is just Midgar. There's no saying how many parts there are going to be or even how long it will take until they are released.

As for this one, you can get about 40 hours + out of it, if you do all the side quests etc, otherwise expect around 30 hours.

As for free roaming, not sure if there will even be a world map yet.

Caporegime
Part one is just Midgar. There's no saying how many parts there are going to be or even how long it will take until they are released.

As for this one, you can get about 40 hours + out of it, if you do all the side quests etc, otherwise expect around 30 hours.

Thanks. It shows as preorder on the PS store for me so will think for a couple of days (59.99!!!)

I guess based on your info, there is no real way to hammer the game and level up like crazy man either, as that is much later in the game?

rp2000

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I knew I should have bought a new TV for Christmas!

:D

Its absolutely beautiful isn't it, they've gone to town on the graphics.

It really is. They have done an excellent job. I wonder how much better it will look on next gen consoles. Or at least the 2nd part anyway.

I will get 40 I recon. I walk around everywhere and kill everything. Well in chapter 2 anyway. Make sure to find all the treasure and materia :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
By the way, I said there was a 45GB update earlier, I just amended that post. Turns out that was just the disc being installed. Lol. So the first disc is a installation disc it seems.

Soldato
If I want the free roaming parts, chocobo stuff, fight weapons etc do I need to wait till the next (or all parts are released)? Haven't read much about this but the nostalgia factor is strong!

How many hours could I realistically expect from just part 1 and can someone mentioned where in the story it ends?

rp2000

There's about 40 hours playtime. It's only Midgar (Fully fleshed out). They've added a ton of new content, systems, side quests, materia, customisation etc. Parts 2 and 3 are a long way from being released, we have no idea yet. Max level in part 1 is 50, once you complete this you can replay on hard difficulty.

Caporegime
There's about 40 hours playtime. It's only Midgar (Fully fleshed out). They've added a ton of new content, systems, side quests, materia, customisation etc. Parts 2 and 3 are a long way from being released, we have no idea yet.
Thanks for the info, i'm even more tempted (apart from the unknown dates on the next parts!)!

rp2000

Soldato
I've just finished it. Absolutely epic and absolutely stunning from start to finish. Few days to recover and I will be running that through again to grab few things I possibly missed. Haven't had that much satisfaction from a game in a very long time.

10/10

Soldato
Credits are still going. Like lord of the rings credit this haha. Sorry for the few posts but I am literally on a mega high buzz from that. Any ff7 fan in doubt buy it you will not regret it.

Soldato
FF7 is may favourite game of all time, can’t wait to play this. Only have a Switch and a PC so will have to wait for a port. Switch would be amazing but I think realistically I’ll be playing it on the PC!

Soldato
Never played a Final Fantasy game, but feel myself getting sucked in by the hype

What sort of game is it, what could it it be compared to style wise?

Plenty of trailers and reviews out for it that would explain better than us. It's an RPG, but that doesn't really say much. Check some of the videos on youtube, I'd recommend playing it.

You could also try the free Demo on PS Store.

Man of Honour
Never played a Final Fantasy game, but feel myself getting sucked in by the hype

What sort of game is it, what could it it be compared to style wise?

Wait! I would be very careful about playing it as your first FF experience. I haven't played it at all but it is bound to be absolutely brimming with nostalgia and fan service, things which can only be appreciated by those that played the original. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really implore you to test out the original first. Hell, my favourite is VIII, but FFVII is a very special game, if it's even slightly your type of game then you owe it to yourself to play it first and enjoy the remake for the remake that it is.

:edit: as for what kind of game it is, that's hard to explain. It's a story driven Japanese RPG. The game has you following a single protagonist as they go on a winding, epic plot, travelling from location to location with a team, all of which are unique, from their abilities in battle to their personalities and emotional/historical baggage. The worlds are big, and are in a way very much characters in their own right. A huge part of the game is exploring the world (and revisiting areas) as well as experimenting with the various mechanics the game gives you to progress both your character abilities and the multi-stranded plot. It's not the best analogy but imagine a bigger mass effect, with towns instead of planets, much superior character development and plot, and without anywhere near the focus on the dialogue choice. Trailers will help you with the rest. The remake may end up being more linear than the original , but I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom