Anyone else really missing driving right now? (Rant/moan)

Man of Honour
Longest I have not driven it in the 5+ years of ownership, quite sad tbh and today I almost forgot what the inside was like so opened the door today to take a whiff inside and was reminded again of all that's good and well.

I have no battery issues, the battery is also 5 years old now.

Soldato
Battery life depends on the car many of the newer cars are connected online etc. My wife's Mini flashed up low battery when starting it after sitting for 6-7 weeks and the 2-3 weeks before that only covering 10 ish miles. In the 6-7 weeks the car had downloaded an over the air map update to the satnav so loads of systems are running when it's parked up. The car still started but I put it on a charger going by the charge time the battery was under 40-50%.

Soldato
Can't see I miss commuting. My road tax was up on the 31st March so I just SORNed my car. Other half still has hers taxed for food shops.

Soldato
Fired my car up yesterday for the first time in a month or so to go to the shops. Unsurprisingly it started right away with no trouble except it did throw up a tyre pressure warning so I checked them out. They were down a little bit but nothing significant, only 0.1 bar or so.

Not sure if it just throws up the warning if the car's been idle for a while just to make you check them or because TPMS is fooling around? I sorted it out then reset the system which meant I had to drive a few minutes for it to sort itself out so I went a slightly longer way back home.

Even though my car is far from a fun car, it was actually a pleasant experience and I wish the roads were always something like this.

Soldato
Yea, when I went to the Algarve off season the roads were like this. It's so nice.

On the days I have to go in to work I'm often the only person waiting at traffic lights on the way out of town. Roof off and taking the long route ofc :)

Caporegime
Yea, when I went to the Algarve off season the roads were like this. It's so nice.

On the days I have to go in to work I'm often the only person waiting at traffic lights on the way out of town. Roof off and taking the long route ofc :)

It is quite surreal. My commute home takes me 15 minutes for 15 miles. Barely have to glance right before I take round abouts. Petrol being so cheap as well means I am in heaven. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Back
Top Bottom