Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just ordered myself some Meguiars Microfibre pads and compound to have a crack at the Z4 paint next week, my work shuts down for 1 week at Easter and I'm not sure what else I could even do! Tried polishing it with foam pads last week after doing the Leon, but even yellow cuttings pads seemed to have next to no impact on the mega hard BMW paint. Been nosing around and lots of people recommend the microfibre kit for harder paint as it works faster, so going to give them a go.

Read good things about AngelWax H2GO glass rain repellant too, so figure I'll give that a go (plus it tipped me over the £50 free shipping)

Soldato
Got a load of dust/dirt on my car while its been sat on the drive. Whats the quickest way i could clean it? Prior to this it had a full polish /wax.

Would just pressure washing/drying sort it?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Well I can't lie, that was stressful. There is simply far too much choice on all those websites! :D

Kind of stuck with what I know for now from Autobrite:

Purple Velvet - Luxurious High Gloss/Suds Shampoo
The Spirit - Luxury Lambswool Non-Thumbed Wash Mitt
BriteGel Safe Wheel Cleaning Gel
Purple Rain 3.0 - Gel Based Fallout Remover
Fine Grade Cleaner Clay 200g
Berry Blast - Quick Detailer & Clay Lube

7-10 working day delivery at the moment :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well I can't lie, that was stressful. There is simply far too much choice on all those websites! :D

Kind of stuck with what I know for now from Autobrite:

Purple Velvet - Luxurious High Gloss/Suds Shampoo
The Spirit - Luxury Lambswool Non-Thumbed Wash Mitt
BriteGel Safe Wheel Cleaning Gel
Purple Rain 3.0 - Gel Based Fallout Remover
Fine Grade Cleaner Clay 200g
Berry Blast - Quick Detailer & Clay Lube

7-10 working day delivery at the moment :(

I ordered from CarPro UK on Sunday at 1pm and it's arriving today.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I did look at CarPro, but I didn't recognise anything on there other than the Bilthamber stuff. I got bored of reading what each product does and doesn't do so for now just went with what I know.

That's fair enough, I'm a CarPro fan :)

Got my delivery, looking forward to using them.

DSCF8467.jpg

DSCF8468.jpg

Associate
If you only foam and pressure wash you wont shift all the dirt, which you'll then drag all over your paint if you dry manually.

It depends what foam you use for it removing any polish/wax. Your shampoo should also be a consideration.

@LiE that's a nice selection. I'm really impressed with CarPro products so far. I would like to know your thoughts on EliXir when you get around to using it.

Toight beading from yesterday morning, I've never seen the beading looking so good.
49746417183_098d6883e3_c.jpg

Sadly the car was also filthy after a single commute so I've given it a quick wash again this evening. The neighbors must think I'm madder than usual.

Soldato
Is a 3" backing plate ok with 4" polishing pads such as hexlogic green 4" pads

I have already purchased the plate so no big deal as it was cheap but I have seen 3" and 3 1/2" plates.

It's to get to the tighter area of my car such as around the front grill area.

Cheers

Soldato
Generally want to be within 1/2" to avoid having too much of a pad overhang as this can lead to bogging issues.

Thanks, it’s just smaller areas of the bodywork so don’t need to go any smaller than a 4” really.

I will see how I go with 3” plate then It’s for about 10% of the bodywork so won’t be using it much or for long periods.

Soldato
I purchased a 3.5 backing plate in the end so less over hang for the 4" pads.

I also got some Gyeon Q2m Prep, ready for application of Gyeon Can coat, not sure how important IPA/PREP stage is before applying a sealant or wax?
I'm using scholl s20 black 1 step for polish and I think that is quite oily so the prep should help.

Soldato
Very important you IPA/wipe down prior to applying any coating, you'll get longer out of your chosen coating :)

Great, Im not sure if the Gyeon Q2m Prep is technically an IPA but i think it does the same job.

@Muska Not sure if it was you or someone else that has used Gyeon can coat, wondering how long I should leave it between applying a 2nd coat, doesn't seem to say on the instructions, perhaps 1 coat is al that is required, mind you not sure if what I bought would cover 2 coatings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cleaning windscreen, I have dedicated glass cleaning microfibre that I use just for glass, I normally use a glass polish or glass spay after I have washed my car, so my glass microfibre is always clean to a degree.

What process do you guys do when you just want to clean your windscreen, as if its dirty and I use my nice clean microfibre it gets all grubby after one clean, do use some old paper towel to get the dirt off first before giving it a full clean with polish or spray, I hate it when I clean something and then see my MF all grubby, so can't reuse it until I put it in the wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom