plumbing question-why no 3/4 way right angle fittings?

Soldato
Imagine an elbow with another connection coming out at a right angle, or a t piece with the same?

I am sure such items would be useful, I have somewhere myself where I could use something like this. So why are they not made??

Soldato
OP
Not commonly available in an elbow but I use 3/4 to 22mm straight coupler's

That is a pretty essential one (As is 15mm to 1/2 inch) otherwise it would be hard working in older houses.

But as I said, a three way tripod type coupling or a T with a right angle off it seem unavailable.

I have several locations where these sort of coupling would be most useful, and I cant believe I am the only one (Though it does feel like it sometimes) so it cant (?) be lack of demand as such. Is there another reason why they are not available?

Soldato
I'd imagine they are made in the factory in two halves or from one piece of larger diameter pipe. Your idea would be quite complicated to mould wouldn't it? I can't quite get my head round it but I'm slow today.

Did a Google.
Yours would be difficult to form.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is a pretty essential one (As is 15mm to 1/2 inch) otherwise it would be hard working in older houses.

But as I said, a three way tripod type coupling or a T with a right angle off it seem unavailable.

I have several locations where these sort of coupling would be most useful, and I cant believe I am the only one (Though it does feel like it sometimes) so it cant (?) be lack of demand as such. Is there another reason why they are not available?

Most plumbers will just remove as much 3/4 as possible now as it's increasingly difficult to source 3/4 fittings and near enough impossible to get that size of pipe.

Soldato
OP
Most plumbers will just remove as much 3/4 as possible now as it's increasingly difficult to source 3/4 fittings and near enough impossible to get that size of pipe.

sorry we are talking about different things.

I am not talking about 3/4" to 22mm

I am talking about an elbow fitting with a third connection at right angles to the elbow or a "T" fitting with a 4th connection at right angles to the T.

Soldato
sorry we are talking about different things.

I am not talking about 3/4" to 22mm

I am talking about an elbow fitting with a third connection at right angles to the elbow or a "T" fitting with a 4th connection at right angles to the T.

So a 4way connection? For water it's not very practical as it will reduce flow rate dramatically, also to maintain pressure the main flow inlet would need to be 28mm+ with three outlets being 15mm max just to maintain pressure. But the reduction of flow would be huge.

Soldato
OP
So a 4way connection? For water it's not very practical as it will reduce flow rate dramatically, also to maintain pressure the main flow inlet would need to be 28mm+ with three outlets being 15mm max just to maintain pressure. But the reduction of flow would be huge.

I had considered that, but it cant be any worse than some of the godawful Christmas Trees I have seen in installations that people have cobbled together to make up for the fact that such connectors are not available. :p

Soldato
I'd imagine they are made in the factory in two halves or from one piece of larger diameter pipe. Your idea would be quite complicated to mould wouldn't it? I can't quite get my head round it but I'm slow today.

Did a Google.
Yours would be difficult to form.

Wow! That was surprisingly informative

Back
Top Bottom