The folly of the modern world laid bare

Man of Honour
Mr Firstberg suffers from an unrecognized medical condition known as electromagnetic hypersensitivity and tried to claim $1.43 million from his next door neighbor for damaging his health through the use of her i. phone, a wi-fi connection and a dimmer switch on her lights.

I have read about his court case and I think that was cruel, we can’t blame individuals who just behave normally. However, his idiocincracies, don’t matter, attacking the man doesn’t change the science. I suggest you read the book it’s evidence based.

Talking of evidence based, the evidence is that there's no such medical problem as "electromagnetic hypersensitivity". Supposed sufferers are utterly incapable of knowing whether or not they're in an electromagnetic field. The supposed symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with any electromagnetic field. It's a placebo effect. You're claiming to care about the evidence, so why haven't you spent any time looking at any of the experiments done? There have been double-blind trials and they all got the same result - nothing. Turn it on, turn it off, makes no difference. All that matters is whether the person who believes they have this non-existence medical condition thinks regarding EM fields.

Soldato
If this book is on a conspiracy forum and being discussed then that’s irrelevant to me.

You are or claim to be doctor so a complete lack of understanding of the history of medicine and pandemic illness is entirely understandable.

One of the significant wider social changes in the history of pandemic illness that occurred with the A(H1N1) pandemic of 2009, was the spread of information and disinformation at intense speed.

News and rumors spread in a way which could be described as not unlike an infectious disease.

Its also understood to play a vital role in the way pandemic is understood and framed and has been a serious object of study in the history of medicine since then in regard to pandemic illness.

You're ignorance and lack of regard for the issues involved with science, medicine and communication speak volumes.

You claim to have the critical skills to read here but appear to lack even a basic understanding of key social issues surrounding the subject.

You're behavior is entirely irresponsible and regardless of what you may consider the scientific merits of the argument to be, its a deeply ignorant and arrogant argument you are making and one that is entirely social irresponsible.

Shame on you.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
EMS is a recognised condition in some jurisdictions, including at law, and for insurance risk assessment, and wrt actions to be taken by employers to mitigate risk.

German medical research suggests - If I recall correctly - the problematic wave frequency is in the beta band.

Associate
And you are talking to?

Sorry for any confusion, I do try and quote if responding to a particular poster, so not aimed at your comment.

Just an attempt at humour in light of the ridiculous tone of the the thread and the request of the O.P's name as a doctor :p.

Who knew my love of tech is responsible for having had flu three times, rather than underlying health issues affecting my immune system.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Yes Hippocrates is slightly before 1889 but I am not sure if he described influenza

I'll defer to anyone with greater knowledge. But a quick read around found this to support the idea.

The first known reference to the flu comes from ancient documents written by Hippocrates as early as 412 BC. Known as the “father of medicine”, he described flu-like symptoms being experienced in northern Greece.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
One of the objective markers I recall being considered for EMS diagnosis was by biopsy, given there apparently was found a higher level of mast cells found in the skin of sufferers.

Mast cells and the Immune System:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2015.00620/full

Nb. It is quite something to place your hand in a high amplitude rf field and watch your fingers automatically tense and move.

Of course, it has also been found that different specific frequencies in the beta band that affect the motor cortex (and thus e.g.. hand and foot motions) vary across individuals. E.g.. See below

https://www.jneurosci.org/content/32/2/403

Last edited:
Soldato
EMS is a recognised condition in some jurisdictions, including at law, and for insurance risk assessment, and wrt actions to be taken by employers to mitigate risk.

German medical research suggests - If I recall correctly - the problematic wave frequency is in the beta band.

Unrecognized means the medical cause is unknown. No denying people have real symptoms, cause is simply unknown. Medical treatment would include a workplace and home assessment but that would not be to check for the patients perceived cause of illness i.e E.M.F.

Whatever its cause some people are clearly living with debilitating health issues that are not fully understood.

I think the real issue here is the way you can't ignore present context and the way these beliefs are influencing peoples behavior.

The three conspiracy beliefs that we asked about were as follows

1.The virus that causes COVID-19 was probably created in a laboratory
2.The symptoms of COVID-19 seem to be connected to 5G mobile network radiation
3.The COVID-19 pandemic was planned by certain pharmaceutical corporations and government agencies

The three aspects of public health guidance that we asked about were as follows:

A.Spending as little time as possible outside of your home
B.Staying at least 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household
C.Washing your hands more often, for 20 seconds

Each of the three conspiracy beliefs was associated with a lower rate of compliance with each of the three aspects of public health guidance(see Table 1).The relationship appeared strongest with regard to Belief 2 (‘The symptoms of COVID-19 seem to be connected to 5G mobile network radiation’). Respondents holding this belief appeared much less likely to comply with each of the three aspects of public health guidance, when compared to respondents who did not hold this belief.

Obviously research here is recent and will be from a small study group but you would not expect a medical professional to be posting this type of material online and at this moment given the serious risk it may pose to public health in the short term.

source The Relationship between conspiracy beliefs and compliance with public health guidance with regard to Covid 19

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A quick 5G search on youtube brings up countless videos all fresh from the last few days about how 5G is the cause of covid-19 and cancer etc. What is actually going on here all of a sudden lol. Has a certain brand butthurt so much from previously being sacked off by a superpower nation that it has created controlled opposition which has gone out of hand?

Hell even a Nigerian news channel has uploaded their segment where the anchor interviews a biologist who goes on to talk about the spin of oxygen atoms and why mmwaves affect everything that needs oxygen to function.

World's going mad....

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@efish . Agreed, you would not expect a medically trained professional whose wits were intact promoting any such text. It would be recklessly malicious in my opinion.

I took it that the OP was either the author or a marketing agent / publicity operative of the 'free text.

Soldato
I'll defer to anyone with greater knowledge. But a quick read around found this to support the idea.

In 412 BC, in the "Book of Epidemics", Hippocrates described a putative influenza-like illness syndrome called "fever of Perinthus" or "cough of Perinthus" [7]. While some scholars claim that this is probably the first historical description of influenza (a winter and a spring epidemic of an upper respiratory tract infection occurring regularly every year at Perinthus, a port-town in Marmaraereglisi, a northern part of Greece, now Turkey), others, including the notable 19th-century editor of Hippocrates, Émile Littré (1801-1881), think that a diagnosis of diphtheria would better fit the description of complications (pneumonia, fits of coughing and wheezing, angina and paralysis of soft palate and limbs).

source

You were not wrong, just the history is slightly more complicated.

I spend a lot of time researching medieval medical conditions and emotion so I get a bit nerd like here and pedantic (excuse me). As a general rule its very difficult to make an accurate diagnosis of medical conditions from ancient texts, always an argument, the room for error is large and the chance of certainty often non-existant.

Generally accurate descriptions kick in around 1500 for influenza: before that things are a bit less certain.

Back
Top Bottom