X4 Foundations

Soldato
Is the story mission thing important? The one where you have to find the radio chatter on the exterior of a station.

The alien was waffling on about me flying to some location because something, something, technology, but then he was all disappointed in me because apparently I said I wasn't going, and then he cut the feed lol.

If you want to teleport, make ship mods, and hack for blueprints yes.

Soldato
If there are AI traders around and the demand is there they will do it for you. Yes, the price the manager sets adjusts with stock levels. Lots of stock = cheap prices = other traders buying from you.

When you set up the station to sell, NPC traders will arrive and buy the goods. Assuming the price isn't too high :p

Nice, thanks. I bugged some guys in the discord to explain a few things in that logical overview and they said the same :)

Man of Honour
Nice, thanks. I bugged some guys in the discord to explain a few things in that logical overview and they said the same :)

The logical view is enormously helpful now. No need for complex station planners, it tells you exactly what you need, how much you are producing/consuming. It’s great.

It is amazing how much the player can influence factions through station building. That said, HOP are crazily powerful without my help. I’ve finally kickstarted the ZYA sectors enough for them to mount a defence against the xenon - there were so few wares in those parts I had to manually supply the build storage for my complex, I never usually need to do that. It was tedious!

Associate
The logical view is enormously helpful now. No need for complex station planners, it tells you exactly what you need, how much you are producing/consuming. It’s great.

It is amazing how much the player can influence factions through station building. That said, HOP are crazily powerful without my help. I’ve finally kickstarted the ZYA sectors enough for them to mount a defence against the xenon - there were so few wares in those parts I had to manually supply the build storage for my complex, I never usually need to do that. It was tedious!

If ur setting up complexs a good place to go is http://www.x4-game.com/ which has a build guide in terms of if u build food station what that station needs u can test before u build
It much easier then doing it on the fly as not all stations are ono to one

Soldato

The Logistical view is there since 2.5 but is been enhanced with 2.6. Regarding build storage you can assign freighters to build storage as subordinates, not only the station.

And I agree with you. On my Paranid game, HOP was getting hammered. Holy Vision was getting destroyed by XEN and True Vision by ANT/ARG.
Did the hard work to put HOP back together. Also if you are in the system and a faction loses stations, they double and triple their usual offers (11-25mil) to build a normal factory that usually paid 5. But do not. Pick the mission and build your own. Supply them with goods and then abort the mission so they won't give it to an NPC to build the factory.

Soldato
Just started a new game with the Split DLC. As always with a new game, first things first - crystal mining! Snaffled up about 1mil worth of crystals, and sold them to pay for some upgrades to my starter ship. Killed a couple of Xenon in Split sectors to raise my reputation with them high enough to dock at their stations. I'm still at something like -8 reputation with them, but at least they don't appear red any more.

Haven't found the story mission for the PHQ yet, despite sniffing around multiple stations. I'm playing the Untested Explorer start - is it actually possible to get the PHQ with that start?

Soldato
Just started a new game with the Split DLC. As always with a new game, first things first - crystal mining! Snaffled up about 1mil worth of crystals, and sold them to pay for some upgrades to my starter ship. Killed a couple of Xenon in Split sectors to raise my reputation with them high enough to dock at their stations. I'm still at something like -8 reputation with them, but at least they don't appear red any more.

Haven't found the story mission for the PHQ yet, despite sniffing around multiple stations. I'm playing the Untested Explorer start - is it actually possible to get the PHQ with that start?

Yes. Just go around a station on scan mode (Shft+F2) It should be there.

Soldato
OP
No idea what i was doing with building the hanger thing for the phq in my stream tonight, i tried my best but it doesnt really teach you about station building for it when ur on the boron quest, i didnt wana do the tutorial seperate as i dunno if it helps with the phq stuff like doing the hanger on it, do i need a peer or just stick it on the end i got a blueprint for luxary 3m6s from argon prime as had 19 rep with em which saves a lot vs a teladi +5 rep which they wanted 2mill and argon sold me it for 200k i think. I dunno why the constructor i hired didnt get any bloomin EC either, near end of stream i just noticed a solar planet section so just stuck it on side of hanger i placed dunno if thats what your suppose to do but i thought im not going to get fetch anything when i hired someone else to do it. Im lazy for a reason...

I noticed a xenon go in a teladi equip dock in the hanger itself and start shooting at docking ships i was like wtf lol. Got out sharpish.

Oh and when i did get the phq in the mission bloomin xenon group trying ti shoot it. Some locals fighter group tried to help but were defeated, gona have to get some ships docked for defence i think.

Oh i can get a dragon at frf, whats a good load out for good dmg but not run out of energy too quick, a lot of cool sounding guns i can put on, what are they all like, i was gona maybe do a mix cos default high preset came with missiles but i dont wana have to restock em all the time so just energy weapons gona do, also what is good for its turrets, flak or lazers or the other thing?

Soldato
Anyone know if the latest update has broken the 'explore' command? I've got a few fast ships on explore sector command (not the pillot 3* version), they basically do a little bit and then stop and move backwards and forwards a little bit even though most of the sector is unexplored and they haven't completed their assigned bubble... Was fine before 3.10 from what I recall...

Soldato
No idea what i was doing with building the hanger thing for the phq in my stream tonight, i tried my best but it doesnt really teach you about station building for it when ur on the boron quest, i didnt wana do the tutorial seperate as i dunno if it helps with the phq stuff like doing the hanger on it, do i need a peer or just stick it on the end i got a blueprint for luxary 3m6s from argon prime as had 19 rep with em which saves a lot vs a teladi +5 rep which they wanted 2mill and argon sold me it for 200k i think. I dunno why the constructor i hired didnt get any bloomin EC either, near end of stream i just noticed a solar planet section so just stuck it on side of hanger i placed dunno if thats what your suppose to do but i thought im not going to get fetch anything when i hired someone else to do it. Im lazy for a reason...

I noticed a xenon go in a teladi equip dock in the hanger itself and start shooting at docking ships i was like wtf lol. Got out sharpish.

Oh and when i did get the phq in the mission bloomin xenon group trying ti shoot it. Some locals fighter group tried to help but were defeated, gona have to get some ships docked for defence i think.

Oh i can get a dragon at frf, whats a good load out for good dmg but not run out of energy too quick, a lot of cool sounding guns i can put on, what are they all like, i was gona maybe do a mix cos default high preset came with missiles but i dont wana have to restock em all the time so just energy weapons gona do, also what is good for its turrets, flak or lazers or the other thing?

Could build the dock 1M6S you know already from the start of the game.

The builder doesn't bring the goods, just builds the station if there are the required materials. NPC AI freighters do pick the orders, if your set price is profitable to them and the building storage account has money.(just click the Accept Estimate button).

However no AI freighter will deliver just 134 Energy Cells. Is too low profit for them. You need to transfer them to the building storage yourself or order a small size freighter to deliver the odd bits. Set it to the build storage as subordinate and it will go and buy the goods at better price. Especially in big projects, it it better to have 2 M size freighters assigned to the building storage, so they will buy cheap and not at market value. And would save you millions.

Also when you were playing was already 2am :p people sleep on the bed, you slept on the cockpit. :D
As for autopilot scks big time and always having it OFF, same applies to the default flying. Press SHFT+Spacebar to fly with your mouse movement not button click.

(Says the one who was playing until 6am listening to Tim Pool live stream) :rolleyes:

Soldato
Anyone know why on some sectors the shroud returns after you've flow through the area?

Is this some kind of xenon device intending to hide things?

Or just a bug?
Anyone know if the latest update has broken the 'explore' command? I've got a few fast ships on explore sector command (not the pillot 3* version), they basically do a little bit and then stop and move backwards and forwards a little bit even though most of the sector is unexplored and they haven't completed their assigned bubble... Was fine before 3.10 from what I recall...

A bug added with 3.0 HF1 and 3.10, is reported and they are going to fix it because is annoying as hell :mad:

Soldato
I am starting to realise after what, 60-70 hours how inefficient I have been, I guess a lot of it is learning the game.

I spent a lot of time placing sats around for example, when I can just order a cheap scout to do that for me, I've basically done way too much myself one thing at a time, when I should have been multi tasking from the go.

I've given up trying to help out the ZYA on my game, although downing the 3 K9's and the I9 does seem to have significantly slowed them down. I need to pull back and start station building and making more of an economic base over just autominers.

It's weird how some factions behave, for example on mine the ZYA are getting wiped, yet the HOP for example are ultra aggressive against the xenon and have take systems off them to the south.

I'm going to setup in FRF space rather than trying to take my own systems now, at least until I get a better economic base.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer but my rattlesnakes seem to have different behaviour, if I attack a hostile station most of the time they'll sit back and plug away out of range of the station guns, but now and then they decide to go in full guns blazing close range and end up getting shredded by the station.

I don't know if there is any way of controlling that?

Also when building a station, if the station required raw materials, will NPC miners trade with them?

For example I want to make a hull parts factory in a system without ore. It has methane and I can make energy cells for the graphene, but you also need ore. With no ore in the system I cannot mine for it automatically, so will NPC miners from other systems trade ore to it?

Soldato
I am starting to realise after what, 60-70 hours how inefficient I have been, I guess a lot of it is learning the game.

I spent a lot of time placing sats around for example, when I can just order a cheap scout to do that for me, I've basically done way too much myself one thing at a time, when I should have been multi tasking from the go.

Heh we are all been there :D

I've given up trying to help out the ZYA on my game

You shouted also "down the patriarchy"? :D

It's weird how some factions behave, for example on mine the ZYA are getting wiped, yet the HOP for example are ultra aggressive against the xenon and have take systems off them to the south.

I'm going to setup in FRF space rather than trying to take my own systems now, at least until I get a better economic base.

It depends several factors. Game seed, available stations, if you as player attacked ZYA ships. The latter is profound issue if you play as FRF, many did the mistake capturing or destroying the ZYA fleets, and whole FRF space is fallen to Xenon. Because
until you do the FRF side of the campaign, FRF will never raise a combat fleet and only have civilian vessels. So ZYA is the only protection.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer but my rattlesnakes seem to have different behaviour, if I attack a hostile station most of the time they'll sit back and plug away out of range of the station guns, but now and then they decide to go in full guns blazing close range and end up getting shredded by the station.

I don't know if there is any way of controlling that?

What guns did you put to the Rattlesnakes? You need long range ones if you want to destroy stations and a lot of drones and S size ships belonging to them.

Also when building a station, if the station required raw materials, will NPC miners trade with them?

For example I want to make a hull parts factory in a system without ore. It has methane and I can make energy cells for the graphene, but you also need ore. With no ore in the system I cannot mine for it automatically, so will NPC miners from other systems trade ore to it?

Yes if price is right. Or you can assign 2-3 of your own miners. Even the dumbest manager can send the miners 1 system away. Make sure is not some dangerous system controlled by Xenon. You need to use the block filters to divert them.

Soldato
Ok thanks I'll try it, I'm gonna setup my first few stations at the very far right FRF system, which has most raw materials except ore by the looks of it, the adjacent system has ore so going by what you are saying hopefully the station assigned miners will go to the next system.

Back
Top Bottom