**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
I've ordered a Spigen flex protector which should hopefully arrive tomorrow, if I can get it on right I'll cover it back up and forget about it.

Soldato
For the record I ripped my screen protector off on day 1 and screen has zero scratches.

It has been dropped a few times too I don't understand what people are doing to their phones unknowingly to get scratches!.

Maybe it's another Snapdragon only feature ;)

Soldato
For the record I ripped my screen protector off on day 1 and screen has zero scratches.

It has been dropped a few times too I don't understand what people are doing to their phones unknowingly to get scratches!.
I totally agree however as I pointed out, I have always looked after my phones, never in pockets with coins/keys etc and generally in a case and I have never had a screen get scratched up like on my S10e. Perhaps on some level I had a faulty unit but just pointing it out.

Associate
Tbh i hate screen protectors I never had them on my past phones and the screens always remind pristine even after a year or two of ownership, as i never put my phones in my pocket with anything else.
My Wife's A8 2018 get's chucked into her bag with everything and the screen on that is still scratch free even after nearly 2 years of owning it.

I think Samsung knew how easily the screen coating can scratch on the S10 series & probably same goes for the S20 series aswell hence why they now come with a plastic screen protector fitted out of the box, but as I've found out it can also hide screen defects if you don't take it off.

My last phone that had a scratch on the screen right out of the box was an iPhone 6 & obviously that went back the same day to Apple for an exchange.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The update to One UI 2.1 is now rolling out starting in Germany:

What's new:
Camera
  • New Mode: Single Take

• New Mode: Pro Video

• New Feature: Custom Filters

• New Feature: Night Hyperlapse

• New Setting: Smart Selfie Angle

• Front camera can now record 4K at 60 FPS.

• Holding shutter button now starts video in photo mode

• Burst/GIF functionality has been moved from holding the shutter button to swiping it from the edge.

• 'AR Emoji' in 'More' is now 'AR Zone'. 'AR Zone' groups all AR related camera functions into one app. Some AR apps have also been updated and improved.
Settings
  • Visual and layout updates to 'Display', 'Software Update' and 'Wi-Fi' sections.
Samsung Keyboard
  • Redesigned with an updated look

• Haptic feedback when deleting text

• Undo Gesture

• New Option: Keep symbol panel open

• New Shortcut: Keyboard Size

• New Feature: Search

• New Feature: Translate

• New Feature: Samsung Pass
System
  • New Feature: Quick Share

• New Feature: Music Share

• New Feature: Deep Sleeping Apps

• New MultiStar Feature: Multi Focus

• New Gallery Feature: Clean View

• New Gallery Feature: Crop button when zooming in photos.

• New Messages Feature: Categories

• New animation when using fingerprint

• Changed positioning of status bar icons

• Updated message prompts

• Additional screen zoom options have been added

• This updated should bring support for NavStar for those having issues. Make sure to reinstall.

• Photo editor is improved and has new image resize functionality.

• Apps can now be kept open for quick launching.

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/25/one-ui-2-1-s10-s9-note-9-note-10/amp/

Associate
The update to One UI 2.1 is now rolling out starting in Germany:

What's new:
Camera
  • New Mode: Single Take

• New Mode: Pro Video

• New Feature: Custom Filters

• New Feature: Night Hyperlapse

• New Setting: Smart Selfie Angle

• Front camera can now record 4K at 60 FPS.

• Holding shutter button now starts video in photo mode

• Burst/GIF functionality has been moved from holding the shutter button to swiping it from the edge.

• 'AR Emoji' in 'More' is now 'AR Zone'. 'AR Zone' groups all AR related camera functions into one app. Some AR apps have also been updated and improved.
Settings
  • Visual and layout updates to 'Display', 'Software Update' and 'Wi-Fi' sections.
Samsung Keyboard
  • Redesigned with an updated look

• Haptic feedback when deleting text

• Undo Gesture

• New Option: Keep symbol panel open

• New Shortcut: Keyboard Size

• New Feature: Search

• New Feature: Translate

• New Feature: Samsung Pass
System
  • New Feature: Quick Share

• New Feature: Music Share

• New Feature: Deep Sleeping Apps

• New MultiStar Feature: Multi Focus

• New Gallery Feature: Clean View

• New Gallery Feature: Crop button when zooming in photos.

• New Messages Feature: Categories

• New animation when using fingerprint

• Changed positioning of status bar icons

• Updated message prompts

• Additional screen zoom options have been added

• This updated should bring support for NavStar for those having issues. Make sure to reinstall.

• Photo editor is improved and has new image resize functionality.

• Apps can now be kept open for quick launching.

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/25/one-ui-2-1-s10-s9-note-9-note-10/amp/

Flashed the DBT version on my BTU device (S10e)

Actually seems like a really good update.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A new feature has been found in this update too where you can choose between what times fast wireless charging will charge fast/slow. This is great for bedtime charging as it means the charger will not spin up the internal fans (Samsung chargers) and thus be silent when you're sleeping, and also means no excess heat is generated if you're using a third party charging pad that does not have a fan.

Surprised no other OEM has this option really considering quite a lot of phones now support a minimum of 15W wireless charging.

Associate
A new feature has been found in this update too where you can choose between what times fast wireless charging will charge fast/slow.

I wish they would stop the god-damn phone from topping up the charge throughout the night (or atleast dont switch the screen on every time it does) if I have it on the wireless charger, as the screen comes on every time it drops to 99% and start to charge.. The missus is a light sleeping and I had to stop charging it wirelessly because of this.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
She can see the screen through her eyelids?! Personally I turn any audible tones for charging off as it's absolutely pointless having it on since at no point day or night is it necessary to have an audio cue to denote charging statue!

You could request the feature you want through Samsung Members though.This new feature is almost certainly something someone out there requested. The devs are quite on the ball with taking feedback and putting it to action through the members app.

Associate
She can see the screen through her eyelids?! Personally I turn any audible tones for charging off as it's absolutely pointless having it on since at no point day or night is it necessary to have an audio cue to denote charging statue!

Im telling you mate.. the number of times she woke me up to tell me my screen keeps coming on..

Associate
Im telling you mate.. the number of times she woke me up to tell me my screen keeps coming on..

I have an S10 that I charge on a Samsung fast charge pad next to the bed. I don't have fast charge activated as there is plenty of time over night and the fan doesn't come on. Anyhoo, never seen the screen come on. I'm not a heavy sleeper - sometimes sleeping with one eye open ;) No, seriously, the alarm starts in the morning by turning screen on and this wakes me rather than the alarm sound that follows, unless I'm sleeping with my back to it. I do have a Bixby Routine that turns an AOD clock on when charging. If the power cuts in the night the screen does light when it's reconnected. I don't doubt your phone does it but never noticed mine lighting as you describe.

Man of Honour
Samsung is having a promo on their S10/s20 series by using code SAMSUNG20
I caved in an splashed out for an s10 lite for £371.20 by trading in my 9 year old galaxy S gen1 lol
Oh, and also, no employee discount/link needed...available to all

Associate
Samsung is having a promo on their S10/s20 series by using code SAMSUNG20
I caved in an splashed out for an s10 lite for £371.20 by trading in my 9 year old galaxy S gen1 lol
Oh, and also, no employee discount/link needed...available to all

Just gone for one of these as well.

Traded in my S8+ and the promo + discount. £239.20. Bargain.

Back
Top Bottom