What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Salem's Lot. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/

I've never got beyond the early stages of this before for some reason, despite it being the sort of subject matter which appeals quite strongly to me.

Well worth it, though. David Soul and James Mason deliver pretty good performances, so I may check out some of Mason's work as I've not seen many films with him in.

Additionally, I might take a look at the 2017 remake at some point which I believe stars Rob Lowe.

The rocking chair scene still creeps me out, ever since I was a kid :D

Soldato
Knives Out
What is it with Rian Johnson making utterly **** films which critics seem to love? First he kills star wars then makes this, which admittedly isn't as bad as TLJ but is almost singled handedly ruined by Daniel Craig's rediculous southern accent. Plotline is tedious, overuse of current political buzz words is cringe worthy and given the amazing cast is just... Well confusing how it could be so bad.

3/10

We gave up on this after half an hour. Nothing grabbed us at all, utterly tedious. Yet most people seem to love it. Baffling.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
The Irishman. 6/10. To be honest can't see what all the fuss is about, way too slow and long. It does show the moral argument against living a life of crime very powerfully (or does it? He dies a Freeman albeit his daughter don't talk to him).

But nothing special, too overhyped.

Soldato
Unforgiven 8/10
Never got round to watching this film for some reason. I guess I just wasn't a big fan of westerns in general. But the acting, story and characters are so good, it doesn't matter what genre it is. Great film.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Unforgiven 8/10
Never got round to watching this film for some reason. I guess I just wasn't a big fan of westerns in general. But the acting, story and characters are so good, it doesn't matter what genre it is. Great film.

Brilliant film and legendary performance by Clint Eastwood. I still want that shotgun of his...

Caporegime
Unforgiven 8/10

I'm also not a huge fan of most westerns but you've given me the incentive to check this out. Should be pretty good, after all, it's got Eastwood and Hackman in. :)

Soldato
The Hunt
Entertaining, bordering on a slight comedy at times with the feel. mad first 15 mins though, gets you thinking how there going to make a film of this with the lack of actors.
7/10

Soldato
Unforgiven 8/10
One of my favourite movies. There's a Japanese remake of it that's also really great, used to be on Prime (might still be...?)

Caporegime
Me and my mate were bricking it lol.

I recall two instances though they are both so vague that I can't remember if they were the same thing or not. One was seeing a horror movie as a kid: something about an eye watching the occupants in this house in the middle of nowhere (Eye of God rings a bell), might have been a boarding school or something a little like that; the other was a genuine nightmare (maybe 'Hammer House of Horror'?), with a hand in a fridge...

Back
Top Bottom