Motorbike on trickle charger - flat

Soldato
OP
Yeah. Your right guys. I would love nothing more than to go for a ride. Miss it immensely. Live on the doorstep of the Peak District. So beautiful to go out there and ‘get lost’ on the bike.

But my priority is my daughter. All you bikers out there know only too well. We are invisible out there and I’m not taking a chance whilst she is still young.

Definitely sometime down the line I will be back on the bike.

Don’t want to sell it as I like her. She’s pretty and I have good memories with her

But will get her started this week and also just ordered some bits as well as some Fuel Stabaliser

Soldato
Yeah. Your right guys. I would love nothing more than to go for a ride. Miss it immensely. Live on the doorstep of the Peak District. So beautiful to go out there and ‘get lost’ on the bike.

But my priority is my daughter. All you bikers out there know only too well. We are invisible out there and I’m not taking a chance whilst she is still young.

Definitely sometime down the line I will be back on the bike.

Don’t want to sell it as I like her. She’s pretty and I have good memories with her

But will get her started this week and also just ordered some bits as well as some Fuel Stabaliser

Whilst I fully understand your situation, when you are ready to get back on, make sure you get it fully maintained and brought up to scratch before you ride it.

As you see in this thread, fluids go bad, things need greasing periodically, the rubber compounds in your tyres degrade (if your tyres are 5+ years old, consider changing them, the month of manufacture are stamped on the side in MMYY format) etc. All of this will come to fruition when you ride and increase your risk.

Soldato
Whilst I fully understand your situation, when you are ready to get back on, make sure you get it fully maintained and brought up to scratch before you ride it.

As you see in this thread, fluids go bad, things need greasing periodically, the rubber compounds in your tyres degrade (if your tyres are 5+ years old, consider changing them, the month of manufacture are stamped on the side in MMYY format) etc. All of this will come to fruition when you ride and increase your risk.

It's actually WWYY format, eg 3217 would be the 32nd week of 2017.

...but sorry to be "that guy" hehe.

Soldato
I got a different impression from this post:
I also got that impression
Good point. Yes. Will look on line. Don’t want to spend a fortune as it will just be to start it. Then I will leave it disconnected? As what’s the point in it being connected when I’m not riding it.

Edit: After posting this reply I noticed there was another page of replies :o

Soldato
OP
Okay.
Pulled it out of the garage the other day.
Took all the covers off of it and put it into the sunshine.

jumped it with a spare car battery I have. Started in third push.
Let it run for about ten minutes and added some fuel stabalizer to the tank.

looked at the battery. The - negative had some corrosion on the battery terminal so removed and discarded the battery.

Now back in the garage for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom