**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
If only they stuck Snapdragon into Note 10 Lite instead of the 2 year old Exynos, that phone would be a beast for the price.

S10 lite surprised me as I'd not looked at it before.

Snapdragon, 8gb ram, 128gb, flat 6.7 screen, dual SIM, SD card, great battery life etc.

Yes it's missing the higher res, stereo speakers and wireless charging but if you don't need those it's a pretty impressive package on paper and with the current promo a bit of a steal.

Soldato

Snapdragon, 8gb ram, 128gb, flat 6.7 screen, dual SIM, SD card, great battery life etc.

Yes it's missing the higher res, stereo speakers and wireless charging but if you don't need those it's a pretty impressive package on paper and with the current promo a bit of a steal.

Yeah does look really good, Note 10 Lite also adds a telephoto lens, retains headphone jack and has the obvious addition of a stylus but they completely gimped it by giving it a S9/Note 9, Exynos 9810 SoC.

Man of Honour

My thoughts exactly. Don't really need a new phone...but at that price...

And it's guaranteed Snapdragon 855, rather than the exynos of the euro S10/S10+

Soldato
My thoughts exactly. Don't really need a new phone...but at that price...

And it's guaranteed Snapdragon 855, rather than the exynos of the euro S10/S10+
Is it definitely SD in the UK? A lot of UK sites don't specify - including Samsung themselves! I think that says more about Samsung than anything. Cpw actually states a totally different CPU altogether...Qualcomm SM8150 Octa-Core whatever that is.

Soldato
Don't believe they made any other variants of it and as far as Samsung are aware, they don't even want anyone to know two Socs exist so they just put speeds in their tech specification ;)

Soldato
Samsung hasn't announced any other configuration except the Snapdragon 855 so I'd assume so.

This is the Snapdragon 855.
SM 8150 is the part number of the 855
Well that concludes today's lesson for me :p
Cheers!
I would love to try the Lite for a while but it's clearly a downgrade my 7T Pro so would be hard to justify!

Last edited:
Soldato
With the trade in at £250 for my S9 and promos at Samsung I can get either:

S10+ 4G for £415.20
Note10+ 4G for £479.20

Trying to decide what one to get. Apparently both offer the same kind of performance, but I am leaning towards the S10+ as it is slightly smaller/lighter, and a bit cheaper to boot.

Anyone got any words of wisdom for me on which is the better option?

Caporegime
With the trade in at £250 for my S9 and promos at Samsung I can get either:

S10+ 4G for £415.20
Note10+ 4G for £479.20

Trying to decide what one to get. Apparently both offer the same kind of performance, but I am leaning towards the S10+ as it is slightly smaller/lighter, and a bit cheaper to boot.

Anyone got any words of wisdom for me on which is the better option?

Two different phones aime at different people. There is no better it's just a case of what your requirements are. Do some reading up on the differences.

Soldato
Is that the 8gb/128gb s10+ vs the 12gb/256gb note 10+?

If you're going to keep it for a while, get the Note. If you're likely to resell in a year, the Note 10 is likely to be worth more.

If you wear skinny jeans all the time, get the s10+ :p

Soldato
Is that the 8gb/128gb s10+ vs the 12gb/256gb note 10+?

If you're going to keep it for a while, get the Note. If you're likely to resell in a year, the Note 10 is likely to be worth more.

If you wear skinny jeans all the time, get the s10+ :p

I don't wear skinny jeans :p

Tend to keep phones for about 2 years, S9 is about to be 2 years old!

Soldato
If you're not going to be using the pen on the Note, then S10+ might be a better deal in a smaller package, only other big difference is a headphone jack but mute point if you don't use it.

Back
Top Bottom