• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
sits waiting patiently for new ampere news lol...:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm betting the people with the biggest smile on their face will be, but as always, the ones who buy the 3080ti on launch and then just enjoy using the fastest card for the next 2 to 3 years.

Im tempted to do the same myself...

Last edited:
Associate
I'm betting the people with the biggest smile on their face will be, but as always, the ones who buy the 3080ti on launch and then just enjoy using the fastest card for the next 2 to 3 years.

Im tempted to do the same myself...
That’s exactly what will happen.

I should have upgraded years ago now there’s no point with new cards on the horizon. An upgrade now with a current card probably costs the same if not more then it did on release years ago.

Caporegime
That’s exactly what will happen.

I should have upgraded years ago now there’s no point with new cards on the horizon. An upgrade now with a current card probably costs the same if not more then it did on release years ago.
I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't live with myself if I spent £1200 on a GPU.

I could spend that amount, but I never will.

It wouldn't make me smile, that's for sure :p

bru

bru

Soldato
I fully expect Nvidia to go back to their 3080 being the top card and the 3080ti coming many months latter, way of selling things rather than launch them both at once like they did with the 2000 series.

3070 a bit faster than the currant 2080ti, the 3080 a good step ahead and saving the 3080ti to counter big navi the NVidia killer...lol.

Of course they might not but that is what I'm expecting to happen.

Soldato
I fully expect Nvidia to go back to their 3080 being the top card and the 3080ti coming many months latter, way of selling things rather than launch them both at once like they did with the 2000 series.

3070 a bit faster than the currant 2080ti, the 3080 a good step ahead and saving the 3080ti to counter big navi the NVidia killer...lol.

Makes sense. As long as the 3080ti is 50% faster like the rumours suggest, then there is no reason to launch it first up. You go to market with the 3080 that's 20% faster than the 2080ti and when AMd has something to compete with the 3080, you counter punch with the big boy 3080ti

Soldato

It makes sense. You milk the enthusiasts twice on two releases for the same generation so you don't need to charge £1200!

Soldato
Makes sense. As long as the 3080ti is 50% faster like the rumours suggest, then there is no reason to launch it first up. You go to market with the 3080 that's 20% faster than the 2080ti and when AMd has something to compete with the 3080, you counter punch with the big boy 3080ti
I'm not sure AMD will competitive with the 3080 especially when all tech considered (RT etc). We'll have to see what approach Nvidia take this time with the Ti. In the past they've launched it quite late in the lifecycle of a series to get as many Titan sales as they could. Titan appears to be in a different market now.
It makes sense to keep consumers on their toes however, by changing things, but I won't be surprised if they launch the 80 and 80ti together again this time. But if NV not satisified how sales predictions went this time maybe they will take a different approach.

Associate

I can’t see the 3070 being twice as fast as a 2080TI unless AMD have something that forces NVidia into action.

Soldato
I can’t see the 3070 being twice as fast as a 2080TI unless AMD have something that forces NVidia into action.
They didn't say that :). I can see RT being potentially twice as fast however, at least with the 3080 Ti. As it's new technology, new tech usually advances pretty fast for a while.

Soldato

I wouldn't be to sure on that

As am sure i remember seeing somewhere that the 2080ti is a much better seller then the 2080 is

Back
Top Bottom