• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rx 5600 w Asus Maximus IV Gene Z

Associate
My Maximus has been going strong for 10 years. I upgraded my GPU to a R9 390 in 2015 to handle a new 4K monitor and to cut a long story short the 390 stopped working last week. I’m thinking of getting a rx 5600 xt as a replacement but would the 5600 be wasted on such an old mobo?

Associate
OP
Cool, thanks. I can’t really be bothered to fit a new mobo. It will be nice to get an upgrade on the GPU so the R9 failing is not a complete loss.

Associate
OP
Yeah definitely. I’m happy with 5 years of trouble free gaming and the upgrade will be nice. It was bad timing tho just before a long weekend in lockdown! I’ve just ordered the Sapphire :)

Associate
OP
Quick update. The 5600xt arrived yesterday and wow it’s a huge improvement! The 390 was struggling with Total Warhammer on medium settings with FPS in the mid 30s. I just benchmarked the 5600 on ultra settings Averaging FPS in the 40s. Very happy.

Back
Top Bottom