Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
The lag spikes have now caused the game to become unplayable :( Anyone got any solutions? No other game has these and our net is sound for anything else.

Really at my wits end. Since Warzone, it's just been an absolute **** show.

Soldato
Don't get how Warzone is getting any praise, it's awful but each to there own.

Really? How so? Personally I felt it's the best battle royale style game I've played.

Do you not like the battle royale genre/concept or are there other games or there which you think do it better?

For me warzone is the first time I've gotten into a call of duty game for over a decade! Contemplating whether to buy the game but I don't know if I'd play any of the modes other than warzone so maybe it's not worth it!

Soldato
Really? How so? Personally I felt it's the best battle royale style game I've played.

Do you not like the battle royale genre/concept or are there other games or there which you think do it better?

For me warzone is the first time I've gotten into a call of duty game for over a decade!
The only battle royal game I enjoy and have over hundred hours in is Apex Legends.

In Warzone I find it's buggy unlike cod's normal MP (in my experience), most people more than any other BR I have played just do there own thing.

I find the map itself imo is just too big. Just wasn't anything I liked about it.

Glad it appeals to some though just isn't for me

Associate
Anyone else get a strange bug where the textures pop in and out all the time while playing Warzone? It really irritates me and havent found a solution yet. Maybe I'll uninstall and try again.

Soldato
I haven't noticed any lag issues though I've only played it on Playstation. One oddity I've had is some really low frame rates in the squad lobby and in-plane drop animation sequences before the match starts. In game it's been smooth with no real lag that I've noticed?

Could be my imagination but I would say there seems to be more scenery pop in since season 3 started. Maybe part of an update patch for the larger 4 man squads or their hitting memory limitations on the consoles?

The fan on my PS4 Pro sounds like it's running on max continuously whilst running the game so I think it's pushing the consoles pretty close to their limits. Not surprising given how good the game looks graphically and how much it must need to process with so many players on such a large map.

Last edited:
Associate
So much potential being spoilt by silly updates every few days, server problems, people who don’t understand war zone then you’ve got the lag of the last two days...

Soldato
Decided against my better judgement to double dip on this. 192GB download took a day at 4.5 MB/s!

Got some games in today following the shader download. Played for maybe 4 hours in total (TDM).

Didn't have any crashes. Didn't have any real issues with lag either to be fair. Felt pretty good and hit reg seemed fine.

There were some dodgy moments with the odd player doing their best to make it look like they were hacking. One guy popped up and killed me long shot from prone behind a low wall on Vacant.

Kill cam shows him looking through the scenery right at me then up he pops and starts firing before he even breaks cover. Looked dodgy AF on kill cam. Felt dodgy AF in game too. But meh, might have just been a lucky moment for him - I've had a few today and I got last kill or play of the match a few times. On one last kill cam I threw a flash bang then ran and jumped left off a bin and as soon as I brought my crosshair around I had a player right in my sights who just happened to be breaking cover and running past. Even though I knew it was a genuine kill it looked dodgy AF on the cam - looked wallhacktastic when really it was just a lucky play.

So to be honest I haven't found hacking anywhere near as bad as AW was. Had the odd moment where I thought "yeah right" but to be fair, as above, could have just been a lucky play. I have only seen one player obviously using a bot. Server called him out on it too.

Downgraded my graphics options and get a solid 120fps, so I'm happy with that.

Been getting my ass handed to me on some maps and coming top 2 on others. I haven't got my mouse sens dialled in yet (and it's a new mouse) and I am still learning the maps and angles etc (been some new maps I haven't seen on rotation on console).

Overall, I'm really happy I double dipped. Feels so much more alive on PC. Wider FOV, faster aiming and looking due to having a mouse. Best COD I have played in a long, long time.

Edit - also I didn't realise I could link my activision account cross platform. So I have fired up the pc version and logged in and all my progress and weapon unlocks from ps4 are there already! Happy days :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom