It's taken Tim Brooke-Taylor

Soldato
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is the pinnacle of British comedy, and knowing he'll never be on it again is terrible. But we survived Humph; we'll survive this sadness too. When I was young he was uniquely exotic as a celeb, because he was also from Buxton, and we didn't have many other famous ex-residents to look up to. His family were solicitors... Brooke-Taylor & Bennett, if I remember correctly. Think the firm's still there in a slightly different incarnation.

Tonight I am singing "Don't cry-ee, don't cry-ee, wipe the tear, baby tear, from your eye-ee!" to the theme tune of The Goodies... or at least, I'll be trying, because that's almost impossible.

RIP Tim. Another thread from the tapestry that's made up a lot of middle aged lives comes undone. The older we get, the more threadbare the tapestry becomes. Him and Sterling Moss on the same day; I wasn't a big fan but his was another thread that's been there all our lives. He had to retire the year before I was born!

Blimey, it would be easy to get a bit maudlin tonight. Better go and listen to something classic and celebratory...

Man of Honour
Excellent.

Though I can't quite figure out how the Count Arthur Strong show is as high as 12th. Or what Ricky Gervais is doing in that list at all.

With you on those two. Frankly don't care about Alan Partridge either.

Also found he complete top 40 here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/6056/isihac-tops-radio-times-poll/

1. I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue
2. Hancock’s Half Hour
3. Round the Horne
4. On the Hour
5. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
6. The Goon Show
7. Mark Steel’s in Town
8. Cabin Pressure
9. Blue Jam
10. John Finnemore’s Souvenir Programme
11. Ed Reardon’s Week
12. Count Arthur Strong’s Radio Show!
13. The Shuttleworths
14. The Kenny Everett Show
15. The News Quiz
16. Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge
17. Dead Ringers
18. Hello Cheeky
19. Ladies of Letters
20. The Ricky Gervais Show (with Karl Pilkington)
21. Adam & Joe (6Music)
22. Bridget Christie Minds The Gap
23. Sarah Kendall: Australian Trilogy
24. Meet David Sedaris
25. Down The Line
26. On The Town With The League Of Gentlemen
27. I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again
28. Tim Key's Late Night Poetry Programme
29. Just A Minute
30. Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar
31. Jeremy Hardy Speaks To The Nation
32. Frank Skinner (on Absolute Radio)
33. What Ho, Jeeves!
34. Just William
35. The Now Show
36. Britain In Bits With Ross Noble
37. Goodness Gracious Me
38. Bleak Expectations
39. The Flight Of The Conchords
40. Harry Hill's Fruit Corner

I'm very glad that ISIRTA is on that list too. Albeit in 27th place. Surprised that Just a Minute is that far down though in 29th.

Also in news that brings mixed feelings:

Yay! it's back... :D and oh... this series does feature Tim's last appearances. :(

Back
Top Bottom